Motors YouTube Videos

Man of Honour
150k miles and not a single advisory in two years. Hmmmmm.

Honestly the sooner we outlaw diesel for passenger cars the better, hateful horrible stuff.

It's amusing isn't it!

I went with my dad a while back to look at a newer shape Honda Jazz and it was very apparent that something was off about it. For starters it had an MOT done 3 weeks prior yet the front windscreen wipers were so tatty that one of the blade rubbers was actually hanging off if you lifted the arm up. The wipers looked like they had not been touched in months. So the owner obviously got his garage mate to just whisk it through without checking a thing.

The sooner MOTs have to be recorded on video and the videos uploaded to a cloud system the better. It's the only way dodgy MOTs can be put to an end. Most of the automotive maintenance industry is dishonerable.

Soldato
It's great and everything but leaving that much soot everywhere I'd feel like a sap lol
The thing is, if you tune diesel properly it doesn't 'roll coal' / dump soot everywhere. You can make big power and have minimal soot, granted you'll always have some if you're tuning a diesel engine way beyond it's original design but not to the extent that car is producing or how you see many of the American trucks throwing out clouds. Largely it's done to poor tuning resulting in just dumping extra fuel that isn't needed, 'cause it's 'cool' to make soot clouds. :rolleyes:

Soldato
The thing is, if you tune diesel properly it doesn't 'roll coal' / dump soot everywhere. You can make big power and have minimal soot, granted you'll always have some if you're tuning a diesel engine way beyond it's original design but not to the extent that car is producing or how you see many of the American trucks throwing out clouds. Largely it's done to poor tuning resulting in just dumping extra fuel that isn't needed, 'cause it's 'cool' to make soot clouds. :rolleyes:

Actually it's to cool the cylinder. It's common in the vag engines. BM engines you can get the afr spot on and still make very good power. Pd engines, you sort of can't unless you black smoke it.

Soldato
Actually it's to cool the cylinder. It's common in the vag engines. BM engines you can get the afr spot on and still make very good power. Pd engines, you sort of can't unless you black smoke it.
I've seen 1200hp diesels make less soot than that awful thing. Honestly, set the car up right and it doesn't need to make hideous clouds of soot. That mk4 is set up to be an obnoxious turd, but then that fits the guy making the videos about cars too.

Back
Top Bottom