Aorus Owner's Lounge

have you tried downloading the bios update and flashing it that way? https://resources.aorus.com/Product/Download/X5 v6
if not, you can try resetting the cmos by unplugging the battery then unplugging this https://i.imgur.com/0jXqrDO.png, wait 10 seconds then plug it back in followed by the battery

I have not tried that but will try it tomorrow morning. Do I have to hold the power button or something to clear the CMOS? I do not think a clearing of the CMOS will change anything.
They do not have the vBIOS of the laptop on the website. I did reflash the original bios onto the laptop, but it did not have any effect.
I have asked a member from another forum and he has provided me with his vBIOS of the GPU. There is a slight version mismatch on it. If worst comes to worst, should I flash this vBIOS?
https://imgur.com/yctkwTF

@Atom80 and anyone else, please help

Quick question gents, I'm reading that replacing thermal paste doesn't void warranty, however if I replaced thermal paste and suddenly laptop shows no sign of life how does that work out? Presuming it would fall under user negligence voiding warranty?
Try reducing how tight you have screwed the screws on the CPU and GPU. In my experience the pressure on the chip can be the difference between it working or being dead.

Associate
I have not tried that but will try it tomorrow morning. Do I have to hold the power button or something to clear the CMOS? I do not think a clearing of the CMOS will change anything.
They do not have the vBIOS of the laptop on the website. I did reflash the original bios onto the laptop, but it did not have any effect.
I have asked a member from another forum and he has provided me with his vBIOS of the GPU. There is a slight version mismatch on it. If worst comes to worst, should I flash this vBIOS?
https://imgur.com/yctkwTF

@Atom80 and anyone else, please help

flashing the vbios is a little risky but if you have nothing to lose then sure? Though I’d wait to hear from @Atom80 first
as for the cmos, you only need to remove the battery then the cmos from instructions i was given on the official aorus forums (which no longer exist) a few years ago

Last edited:
flashing the vbios is a little risky but if you have nothing to lose then sure? Though I’d wait to hear from @Atom80 first
as for the cmos, you only need to remove the battery then the cmos from instructions i was given on the official aorus forums (which no longer exist) a few years ago

Thanks for the clarification
I'll wait and hear all that the forum has to say. I want this fixed fast but am in no hurry.
Don't want to waste this $2000 machine

Associate
Try reducing how tight you have screwed the screws on the CPU and GPU. In my experience the pressure on the chip can be the difference between it working or being dead.

Unfortunately not working with the motherboard out of the laptop all together and the heatsink removed

I was hoping to find some form of wiring schematic to test through but to no avail it seems

Unfortunately not working with the motherboard out of the laptop all together and the heatsink removed

I was hoping to find some form of wiring schematic to test through but to no avail it seems

Sometimes laptops don’t boot if they do not sense their fans connected to them, it’s like a security thing. Also if you try booting the system without the heat sink it may overheat almost instantly. Try putting mounting the thermal module onto the motherboard and trying again.
If the fans spins means the system is at least getting to the BIOS. Check the ribbon cables for the peripherals and see whether they are connected properly.

@Atom80 please help.
I sent two messages on esupport regarding this but am not getting replies.
I asked for technical assistance via email or call, anything that is more direct than esupport, but to no avail. Either the ticket is being processed or they tell me to reach the closest service center.
The service centers in India do not want to take this laptop since they say that this machine is not built for this country and we want nothing to do with it.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80 please help.
I sent two messages on esupport regarding this but am not getting replies.
I asked for technical assistance via email or call, anything that is more direct than esupport, but to no avail. Either the ticket is being processed or they tell me to reach the closest service center.
The service centers in India do not want to take this laptop since they say that this machine is not built for this country and we want nothing to do with it.

Hi @Shauryya Pratap Mishra - can you post your email address so we can get support to contact you directly - alternatively, please post your ticket reference from the esupport system.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
@Atom80 Would you be able to help where my X5V8 is concerned? The letter 'N' key on my keyboard has started to lose the black coating. This is rather annoying as the light bleed from the key is quite bad now. The laptop I purchased from OC and its only 11 Months old. I must say I've never experienced this with a laptop keyboard before and this isn't my first Aorus, I've been quite pleased with their build quality however, this is not what I would expect from a £2.4k laptop after only 11 months, and its not as if the keys are used anymore than you'd expect.
OC have basically told me to sling my hook as they're not interested and told me to go back to the manufacturer or get it repaired through a third party. I honestly don't mind whatever happens as long as I can get this thing fixed. If you could let me know where I could purchase a key from I would be appreciate it.
Kind Regards
Nigel Bilton

Associate
@Atom80 Would you be able to help where my X5V8 is concerned? The letter 'N' key on my keyboard has started to lose the black coating. This is rather annoying as the light bleed from the key is quite bad now. The laptop I purchased from OC and its only 11 Months old. I must say I've never experienced this with a laptop keyboard before and this isn't my first Aorus, I've been quite pleased with their build quality however, this is not what I would expect from a £2.4k laptop after only 11 months, and its not as if the keys are used anymore than you'd expect.
OC have basically told me to sling my hook as they're not interested and told me to go back to the manufacturer or get it repaired through a third party. I honestly don't mind whatever happens as long as I can get this thing fixed. If you could let me know where I could purchase a key from I would be appreciate it.
Kind Regards
Nigel Bilton

i have had the exact same issue with my x7 dt v8. mendit wanted me to sent the laptop in for repair to fix it, but atom80 managed to convince them to give me a set of keycaps to replace them. i can agree ive never seen this problem before, the keycaps appear to be coated in some low quality paint thats easily scratchable. i feel even though its an easy fix, once out of warranty and end of life, it wont be an easy fix for much longer.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Kind Regards
Nigel Bilton

Hi @nbillo - sorry to hear this. We should able to supply replacement key for sure.

Can you TRUST Message us with your address details and we will sort for you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
i have had the exact same issue with my x7 dt v8. mendit wanted me to sent the laptop in for repair to fix it, but atom80 managed to convince them to give me a set of keycaps to replace them. i can agree ive never seen this problem before, the keycaps appear to be coated in some low quality paint thats easily scratchable. i feel even though its an easy fix, once out of warranty and end of life, it wont be an easy fix for much longer.

Yes, it seems a little strange these keys are losing their black coating after such a short time. I've raised this as a quality issue with Gigabyte, so hopefully they can look into why this is happening on certain laptops. I would have thought though, they'd have sourced their key tops from the same manufacturer.
Hopefully, i won't have anymore keys that lose their coating.

Associate
@Atom80

Having trouble with a X7 DT V7

A few minutes from login windows outputs a random colour and the laptop is unresponsive until you do a hard reboot where the problem repeats itself.

I suspected faulty drivers so I did clean reinstall of all the drivers but no joy.
Tried a factory reset but I still get the problem.
Safe mode worked so I think it's faulty GPU.

If you could shed any light on this problem that would be great but I think it needs repair?

Joe

Associate
Yes, it seems a little strange these keys are losing their black coating after such a short time. I've raised this as a quality issue with Gigabyte, so hopefully they can look into why this is happening on certain laptops. I would have thought though, they'd have sourced their key tops from the same manufacturer.
Hopefully, i won't have anymore keys that lose their coating.

tagging @Atom80 in this too
it only seems to happen with the models that have the per key rgb backlit keyboards, the older models like the x7 pro-sync didnt have the issue, it was an entirely different coating and i never experienced wear. the newer models have had an entire design overhaul and the keycaps are completely different.
i would also like to see a new keycap design for the affected models that have per key rgb lighting but at the moment, im not really getting my hopes up considering ive waited over a year for an rgb fusion update and my issues with it are still not fixed.
but if you manage to get something done about the keycap issues, that would be absolutely awesome as i do not want to keep having to get my keycaps replaced every few months.
thought id also mention that im already starting to see wear on these keycaps now after getting them replaced a few months ago, guess im going to have to request new keycaps again pretty soon, but would also like a set of switches too as theyre so easily breakable.

ZOwHpTZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom