Postman Folding Letters

Associate
Does your postman fold that could easily fit through the letter box without folding? Most of the time it doesn't bother me but I recently received some important documents which now have permanent creases.

Soldato
Our letter box has pretty stiff draft excluding bits. I doubt it's possible to get a letter through in less than half an hour without folding it and pushing it through with the fold. It's possible that this technique becomes automatic for postfolk, even if some letterboxes don't require it.

Postpeople are not allowed to put their fingers through letterboxes in case their fingers are eaten by dogs (this happens very regularly) if they get injured in this way then they could be found at fault. If your documents have been damaged by folding then complain to the sender who may not have put them in a "do not bend" envelope.

Soldato
Agreeing with the last few posts as well.

Most things i've ordered that have been important documents have come in a do not bend envelope.

Soldato
Yes they do. What irks me more though is the times they deliver, yesterday the post was pushed through just before 19:00. Whatever happened to post being delivered in the morning?

Soldato
Surely having 'Do not bend' on the letter just makes them want to do it more?
Our regular postie doesn't bend letters, in fact he's brilliant. When he's off and they send someone else the letters are always folded in half.

Back
Top Bottom