• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
The most thing ridiculous about all this?

OCUK won't tell us the bloody prices of the motherboards! Why? Why would the price of something be a secret. it makes no sense. AMD released the MSRP of the chips weeks ago. Why are the motherboard prices so hidden? I mean we are going to find out on sunday. So why not now? Would help us plan our builds. All this uber secrecy is just plain stupid and actually annoys me. You don't get this in other industries, consumers wouldn't tolerate it.
When Tesla announce a new car. They tell you the price. Months before it's ready for purchase! Same with anything. Just PC hardware they take their customers for mugs.

Because the price will be based on demand, if they sell well, they will be gouged, if they dont sell well they will be closer to MSRP.

Soldato
could be nda with amd or with the pound being all over the shop this past week maybe they cant go live with prices as they havent been charged yet, who knows. but it is annoying.
But why? Why an NDA that says "god what ever you do dont tell your customers how much the thing costs!" It just makes no sense and frankly belittles their customers.
Exchange rate is irrelevant because OCUK will have long since paid for the MOBO's they have. So that cost is known. Also I would expect that OCUK (might be wrong) carry a large Dollar account so they are not suspect to such wild variations in currency value. But that is a side issue.

Caporegime
If you're new to Ryzen, going b450/x470 is a hassle, as you need to buy/borrow an old CPU from somewhere to bootstrap & update bios. Less of an issue on B450 due to usb flashback being more widely available, but if you want something that 'just works' x570 is the only option at launch and it's pricey. It's not the end of the world but it's not irrelevant.

This is a good point, none of the B450 or X470 boards on sale will support Ryzen 3000 out of the box, they will need a Ryzen 1000 / 2000 to flash the BIOS unless they get one with a BIOS Flashing Utility on the IO, most B450's don't have that, not all X470 boards have it.

Before i sell my ASRock it will be updated to a Ryzen 3000 BIOS.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
But why? Why an NDA that says "god what ever you do dont tell your customers how much the thing costs!" It just makes no sense and frankly belittles their customers.
Exchange rate is irrelevant because OCUK will have long since paid for the MOBO's they have. So that cost is known. Also I would expect that OCUK (might be wrong) carry a large Dollar account so they are not suspect to such wild variations in currency value. But that is a side issue.

im only taking guess here, but maybe legal wise amd just has a blanket nda until launch date that covers everyone be it retail or reviewers, but yes il agree the hiding of prices on motherboards is idiotic.

Soldato
I said $249, I didn't convert one currency, to another then another, then add tax. As I said in my reply to your post, I am only passing on what I was told by ASRock, you can go back and read it if you so wish. :)

Journey said:
Would help if you read the whole post!

It's $249, which is £198+ VAT is ~£240 give or take. Pricing is from ASRock.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32837185/

:D

Have a feeling it'll be whack bang at £330 mark . Taichi naming to carry it over asus strix priced just a little bit more

Soldato
This is a good point, none of the B450 or X470 boards on sale will support Ryzen 3000 out of the box, they will need a Ryzen 1000 / 2000 to flash the BIOS unless they get one with a BIOS Flashing Utility on the IO, most B450's don't have that, not all X470 boards have it.

Before i sell my ASRock it will be updated to a Ryzen 3000 BIOS.
Fortunately for the budget-conscious, the best B450 boards (MSI Tomahawk, Mortar, Carbon) all support USB flashback. ;)

Associate
So glad I decided to purchase a B450 board. I will probably upgrade to an X570 board once the pricing has hopefully settled and deals appear as I really wanted a X570 Steel Legend but can't justify spending over 250 on a board.
Which one did you get? I'm looking into B450 boards but will probably only buy after the reviews for the 7 3700X come out

OcUK Staff
X570 Taichi I tried a lot. Bios is great and its working very very well...... On a par with the best I tried.

I said last night about OC .... Take single core boost -200mhz for 24-7 OC on all CPUs with 2x8gb 3600c16 RAM and X570 platform. All CPU I tried can do this.

Obviously will be some silicon lottery but none could match boost frequency with all core OC and very few can run 3733mhz RAM 1:1 with Infinity Fabric.

Last edited:
Soldato
X570 Taichi I tried a lot. Bios is great and its working very very well...... On a par with the best I tried.

I said last night about OC .... Take single core boost -200mhz for 24-7 OC on all CPUs with 2x8gb 3600c16 RAM and X570 platform.

thanks for the heads up, seems some comments on here aren't buying your word but nice for postings and walking the fine line

Back
Top Bottom