*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Nice gesture.

I popped in to my local today (and oddly enough, old place of work some 9 years back). Asked one of the old managers about it as he came to say hi and he wouldn't do it, was well aware of the voucher. They dont accept 3rd party offers etc. I wasn't going to fight for it, if it worked It would have been nice, alas I shall now just hold for a sale or pre owned at some point

Quick tangent! Anyone playing Crash racing in switch? Not seeing too much talk of it
Probably because people would rather play Mario kart on the Switch instead.

Soldato
Nice gesture.

I popped in to my local today (and oddly enough, old place of work some 9 years back). Asked one of the old managers about it as he came to say hi and he wouldn't do it, was well aware of the voucher. They dont accept 3rd party offers etc. I wasn't going to fight for it, if it worked It would have been nice, alas I shall now just hold for a sale or pre owned at some point

Quick tangent! Anyone playing Crash racing in switch? Not seeing too much talk of it
Yeah very good of them. I didn't fight for it either in the store, I just thought it was worth asking what the score was before I tried another store.

CTR is very good on the switch. Solid 30 FPS just like the other consoles though noticeably worse visually in terms of resolution. You don't notice it much after a while though. The single player is excellent and the mechanics are fantastic. The time trials are probably the most fun I've had in ages honestly as you have to beat Oxide's ghost times and it a pretty difficult challenge.

Probably because people would rather play Mario kart on the Switch instead.
Get good at CTR and you'll find it's mechanically far superior to MK8.

Soldato
Yeah very good of them. I didn't fight for it either in the store, I just thought it was worth asking what the score was before I tried another store.

CTR is very good on the switch. Solid 30 FPS just like the other consoles though noticeably worse visually in terms of resolution. You don't notice it much after a while though. The single player is excellent and the mechanics are fantastic. The time trials are probably the most fun I've had in ages honestly as you have to beat Oxide's ghost times and it a pretty difficult challenge.

Get good at CTR and you'll find it's mechanically far superior to MK8.

Thanks for the info on CTR, I think I'm on board! I was weighing up ps4 or switch as I assumed ps4 would be 60fps and was surprised to see its in fact 30 on all systems making switch a good overall choice. And as I mainly play handheld, resolution is a minor issue at that screen size

Soldato
Initial thoughts on CTR so far is that it's very good. Nice sense of speed and the boost mechanic has a fair bit of skill to it which I really like. It may only be 30fps but it feels really smooth to me (handheld) probably a good use of motion blur going on.

It's basically diddy kong racing in its adventure mode, which is something I find MK has always lacked

Soldato
Initial thoughts on CTR so far is that it's very good. Nice sense of speed and the boost mechanic has a fair bit of skill to it which I really like. It may only be 30fps but it feels really smooth to me (handheld) probably a good use of motion blur going on.

It's basically diddy kong racing in its adventure mode, which is something I find MK has always lacked
Git gud at that boost mechanic if you want to beat the time trials! Also look into sacred fire and blue/ultra sacred fire, both are also very important if you wanna go as fast as possible.

Associate
Anyone else have seem like 90% of their Smash Ultimate games are 1 on 1 despite it not being anywhere close to preferred settings of Team Game.

Man of Honour
Anyone else have seem like 90% of their Smash Ultimate games are 1 on 1 despite it not being anywhere close to preferred settings of Team Game.
Most people online are playing 1v1 so you don't have a big pool of potential games to join.

If you and just one other player are available with a good connection and you both have your preferences set to team game then you will get put together in a 1v1 as you have the same preferences but not enough opponents.

Team games are really unpopular, with 1v1 and FFA greatly out numbering it. Most people playing teams are playing with 2 people on one console online together and rarely a lone player searching for an already unpopular game mode.

Associate
Most people online are playing 1v1 so you don't have a big pool of potential games to join.

If you and just one other player are available with a good connection and you both have your preferences set to team game then you will get put together in a 1v1 as you have the same preferences but not enough opponents.

Team games are really unpopular, with 1v1 and FFA greatly out numbering it. Most people playing teams are playing with 2 people on one console online together and rarely a lone player searching for an already unpopular game mode.

Ah ok, makes sense. Even when I select "Smash" I tend to get one opponent.

What are the most popular settings in preferred? I'm guessing the least I deviate from that the more I'm sort of going to get what I want.

Man of Honour
Ah ok, makes sense. Even when I select "Smash" I tend to get one opponent.

What are the most popular settings in preferred? I'm guessing the least I deviate from that the more I'm sort of going to get what I want.

1v1 no items with either omega or BF stages. 3 stock, 7 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom