* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Been listening to Nile's back catalogue as I missed everything after Annihilation of the wicked, with a bit of gorguts and Immolation to mix it up.
Next week will be Exhumed gore metal for nostalgia and then the new ones i havent heard.

Then..... I'm open for suggestions ???
new Nile this year isn't there?
you want new death metal suggestions?

Soldato
Another slightly off-ball youtube recommendation, an acoustic/ukulele version of one of the heaviest Sludge songs I like, "Crowbar - Lasting Dose", which sounds wonderfully unique. Plus Crowbar themselves are a fan and posted it to the FB page a while back

Original

Soldato
Don't suppose anyone was at the Ghost gig at the London Palladium a couple of years back?

That was one hell of a gig.

I did see Ghost back in 2014 at a Download or Sonisphere I didn't pay too much attention back then but how much they've developed since.

Really thinking of going to Prague to see them again with Metallica but funds are low at the moment.

Associate
I have to say I don't see the appeal in Ghost, they just don't do anything for me. For those who are fans they're a good live band, saw them supporting Alice in Chains in Birmingham a few years ago and they went down well with the audience.

Can't get enough of Ningen Isu at the moment, really good band. They don't stray from their idiom but much like AC/DC that's not an issue in the slightest.

Associate
With Ghost I must say they are a band that is so much better live than on album. I don't often listen to their albums, but I don't mind going to see them in concert as they do put on a great show and the stage show lifts the music up as well.

Edit: I really like Ningen Isu as well, only came across them in beginning of the year but can't remember how. But really like the sound of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom