**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not too happy about the rumoured hardware differences between the larger and the smaller models. It's just a way to class the smaller model as a £1000 flagship and create a new £1200 "starting" tier above it for 'super-premium' when the hardware could and should have been in the flagship model anyway.

Associate
I just don't see the point anymore :(

I used to be an avid upgrader back when each new iteration featured big new changes but that sadly stopped at the S6 Edge+.

They're all so incremental/pointless it's just not worth the £1000+ to change anymore.

Will likely stick with my Note 8 - Watching with interest though, you never know....

Soldato
I just don't see the point anymore :(

I think you're dead right on the iterative nature of it. The Note 10 will have an incrementally better screen, an incrementally better camera, some fine-tuned software over the S10 range and a couple of new features for the S-Pen that most people won't use but which will sound great when you read about them. Don't get me wrong - I'm looking forward to the release hype, but I don't think it'll hold any surprises.

Now if it had a 90hz screen and a 4800mah battery? That would be pretty exciting. I very much doubt the former is on the cards.

Associate
I'm just mad about the headphone jack.

I used to be but the Note hasn't had decent quality audio from the Headphone jack since the Note 4 Exynos device. So I'm not that bothered anymore.

The new camera setup sounds good, I wonder if it'll be as good as the P30 Pro? The note 9 Camera is ok but it's old hat now.

Looking forward to the Note 10, they should have made a model with no FFC, I really do want want or need this vanity item.

Caporegime

Haha me too, always make a point of why I choose the phones I have - they have a headphone jack. Amount of times I have used wired headphones? About once in the last 2 years :p:o

Don't forget about the rumours of no SD card slot either

No way!? Duncan - please prepare my 'I'm oooouut'. It's a power user phone, this just sounds silly unless they make 256GB a minimum.

Soldato
Looking forward to the Note 10, they should have made a model with no FFC, I really do want want or need this vanity item.

I use the FFC a few times per year, but it's one of those things I'd be a little disappointed to find missing on the rare times I want to take a picture of me with the children or something. I'd have liked Samsung to come up with a fold out camera like we see on a few new devices like the OnePlus 7 Pro. This is the company who made the Galaxy Fold - they know how to innovate!

Man of Honour
OP

I'm not too bothered as I occasionally use Bluetooth earphones and my phone is not the main source for music anymore.

Don't forget about the rumours of no SD card slot either

I can see the lack of an SD card being a show stopper for many but with a 512MB on my Note 9 the need for one for me is not there.

The new camera does interest me and I look forward to what it will bring.

I will be getting one and it at this point in time it will most probably be the 5G version.

Soldato
I'm not too bothered as I occasionally use Bluetooth earphones and my phone is not the main source for music anymore.

I can see the lack of an SD card being a show stopper for many but with a 512MB on my Note 9 the need for one for me is not there.

The new camera does interest me and I look forward to what it will bring.

I will be getting one and it at this point in time it will most probably be the 5G version.

Hopefully they will give £400 trade in deal again

Caporegime
I use the headphone jack every night on my Note 8 to fall asleep to YouTube videos.

I can currently use low profile ear buds that are comfy to sleep in, but there's no such Bluetooth product available.

No headphone jack, no purchase. But that's ok.

Soldato
The cutout in the middle looks awful. Not a fan of notches/cut outs but having it in the corner of the S10 makes sense and I barely notice it. But this looks like a spot right in the middle of your forehead that needs squeezed!

Permabanned
That hole looks awful, I suspected the Note 9 would be the last Samsung device with no notch/hole and sadly I was correct.

I wonder how long this trend will last....

Back
Top Bottom