• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
How many reviewers will try to normalize the systems?

Example: Z390 Master vs X570 Master. Same RAM speed and timings on both platforms.

RAM speed and timing is the only thing relevant there, branding and model of board is irrelevant due to the chasm of differences between the platforms.

8 PCB Vs 6 PCB, you'll find slight differences if your into hard core memory benchmarking . Like 8 Pack checking for Efficiency in boards as he mentioned earlier .

As you mentioned really picking at twigs until you nail a good CPU that can handle 3733hz then multiple that with 4 Dimm slots populated .

And if your looking at that, your less likely to be gaming and Geomapping the Amazon rainforest or crunching mobile phone data ....

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9TLzcvODMwNDU1L29yaWdpbmFsL3MtbWVtLnBuZw==

Very close together numbers....

Last edited:
Permabanned
And anyone spending £500 on a cpu other than a VERY small minority will not be running it at 720p. It's fine publishing it but basing opinion on such a niche setting makes no sense.
its there to show Raw cpu power vs Raw cpu power. Lets run benchmarks on 16k with 2x2080ti doing like 20-30fps and cpu useage at 40%. Would that be good ??
It's a Cpu review not Gpu review and i like 720p shows architecture differences better. How specific tasks work on one platform and on the other. It's test that will show Best and Worst case scenario.

Soldato
its there to show Raw cpu power vs Raw cpu power. Lets run benchmarks on 16k with 2x2080ti doing like 20-30fps and cpu useage at 40%. Would that be good ??
It's a Cpu review not Gpu review and i like 720p shows architecture differences better. How specific tasks work on one platform and on the other. It's test that will show Best and Worst case scenario.

I know what it's for, but it's an unrealistic scenario which will affect <1% of people so basing opinion on it is just not worthwhile. It's like testing performance on Windows XP or on SteamOS. It's not really going to make much difference now is it?

Don
hmm not that long ago for me i was going for Super Pi record with stripped windows xp ect

Not like 720p benchmark is unfair is it ?? All cpus ran on same resolution so all shown best and worst they have simple.
And that’s the rub of the green isn’t it. Why don’t we use SuperPi as a CPU benchmark these days?

Back
Top Bottom