*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
How easy is it to find people to play with? I'm trying to get into any MMO rn but all the crowd I used to hang around with have moved on. Struggle to get into any games when I'm sat playing them solo.

Soldato
I'm a bit different in that I would only be interested in this game if it a good experience solo. I'm craving a single-player ES game, and I wonder if I'd enjoy this without grouping up with anyone?

Also: if I did try this out is it liable to try to eat my life like WoW did many years ago? Is it ok as a dip and out solo type game played for the ES setting and main story?

Associate
How easy is it to find people to play with? I'm trying to get into any MMO rn but all the crowd I used to hang around with have moved on. Struggle to get into any games when I'm sat playing them solo.

Depends how social you really are. There are plenty of guilds that you can join, and there is the dungeon group finder. I joined a random guild when the game first released, and have been with them since.

I'm a bit different in that I would only be interested in this game if it a good experience solo. I'm craving a single-player ES game, and I wonder if I'd enjoy this without grouping up with anyone?

Also: if I did try this out is it liable to try to eat my life like WoW did many years ago? Is it ok as a dip and out solo type game played for the ES setting and main story?

The game isn't 'Skyrim online', so if you are looking for that, go the other way. ESO is perfectly playable solo. The quests are great fun, and fully voice acted.

I mainly played solo for the first few years, before eventually getting in dungeons and trials later on.

ESO is also good to dip in an out of. Every day you don't play, you get 'enlightenment' (it may only do this once you reach the Champion levels, so after level 50) - when you are at this level, you need much less XP to reach the next level. These enlightenment days can stack up a few times, so if you havent played in a few days, you can quickly level up. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158785/enlightenment-how-it-works

Soldato
The game isn't 'Skyrim online', so if you are looking for that, go the other way. ESO is perfectly playable solo. The quests are great fun, and fully voice acted.

I mainly played solo for the first few years, before eventually getting in dungeons and trials later on.

ESO is also good to dip in an out of. Every day you don't play, you get 'enlightenment' (it may only do this once you reach the Champion levels, so after level 50) - when you are at this level, you need much less XP to reach the next level. These enlightenment days can stack up a few times, so if you havent played in a few days, you can quickly level up. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158785/enlightenment-how-it-works

Yeah, not sure what I'm expecting of it really. Not exactly Skyrim online but not exactly an MMO either, I guess. So long as I can play through the main story solo that might be enough. But I'd imagine you dont' get that sense of closure you would with a dedicated SP story?

My main fear would be getting addicted, actually! :)

Soldato
Yeah, not sure what I'm expecting of it really. Not exactly Skyrim online but not exactly an MMO either, I guess. So long as I can play through the main story solo that might be enough. But I'd imagine you dont' get that sense of closure you would with a dedicated SP story?

My main fear would be getting addicted, actually! :)

ESO has roughly 2000 hours long "single player" content. The main storyline isn't that big, but there there are dozens of them covering the whole game.
There is the alliance storyline, the area (map) storyline, guilds storylines and ofc normal quests. Add delves, exploration and crafting and you won't get bored until well, hit thousand hours.
Each alliance is different, each map is different (culturally and otherwise).

You can safely turn off chat completely, speak to nobody, and enjoy the game for long time. Thats what I do most of the time when want to relax, on top of going "offline" not to be bothered with requests log tanks or healers from the guilds and friends.

Only 2 quests were the same out of the thousands I have done with my main toon.

Associate
You don't need to play the game for 2000 hours. Most of the quests are self contained stories, and the main quest being a decent length.

I've had the game since a week after release, and only about 800 hours into it (and some of that will be idling)

Associate
Hi all,

Bought this game a couple of weeks ago to try it out (not played since the closed beta). Quite and enjoying it but getting tired of soloing everything - any recommendations for guilds etc. to join? I'm no longer remotely hard core but I play most nights plus weekend afternoons. Mostly looking for a social guild I guess (PS currently CP130 on my first character so still getting a feel for the game).

Thanks in advance

Associate
Hi all,

Bought this game a couple of weeks ago to try it out (not played since the closed beta). Quite and enjoying it but getting tired of soloing everything - any recommendations for guilds etc. to join? I'm no longer remotely hard core but I play most nights plus weekend afternoons. Mostly looking for a social guild I guess (PS currently CP130 on my first character so still getting a feel for the game).

Thanks in advance

Have you tried the new Guild Finder? I could shoot you over an invite to a guild I am a member of, great bunch of people, but I haven't been online for a while, so not sure how active the chat is

Associate
Hi Dan,

Not tried the guild finder - not sure what I'm looking for TBH - mainly people to group with possibly raid in the future I guess.

Trying to keep my play as casual as possible :)

Associate
What is your username? I'll send you an invite to the guild I am in. It is very casual, and plenty of people have helped me there in the past (like running me through dungeons to teach me the mechanics). I won't hold it against you if the guild isn't for you and you leave :)

Soldato
What is your username? I'll send you an invite to the guild I am in. It is very casual, and plenty of people have helped me there in the past (like running me through dungeons to teach me the mechanics). I won't hold it against you if the guild isn't for you and you leave :)

Any chance i can get an invite when my huge download finishes in a couple days haha. You still playing?

Soldato
Yup once you get to level 15, can get weapon swaps for a total of 10 abilities and 2 ultimate. use an easy to switch button as the idea is to eventually toggle between both bars in game, so DOT's on one bar and other skills on primary front bar. I use middle scroll wheel click!

One thing to note, some abilities need to be on both bars otherwise will fall off if you switch, so same ability will take up two slots which kind of sucks. If your a sorcerer, there is a way to get 15 slots using the overload ultimate (Storm Calling line) Toggling that ultimate takes you to a "third" bar which some players use as a buff bar.

Soldato
Does anyone still play ESO? I've literally just got it, all installed/downloaded, really wanting a proper MMORPG to get into and feel this might take my liking. Got elsweyr expansion for £13.99 which includes the base game and summerset/morrowind.

Soldato
Does anyone still play ESO? I've literally just got it, all installed/downloaded, really wanting a proper MMORPG to get into and feel this might take my liking. Got elsweyr expansion for £13.99 which includes the base game and summerset/morrowind.
Yes, been playing on/off since release. I usually sub for 3 months then go onto something else cos I've played it to death. I always come back to find it's all changed due to the patches or latest release. I normally just solo pve but recently started doing dungeons more and finding that I'm not as crap as I thought I'd be.

Back
Top Bottom