• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3 pricing from OCUK

Associate
Remember myself thinking, oh cool RTX2XXX series card released, i'll get myself one for sure. then when prices appeared i thought - WHAT A RIPOFF.....the products are so overpriced, and i just can't justify all that spending
For long time has been waiting for AMD to release something good, and it happened...i'm ready to spend a K for CPU/MB/RAM....and something telling me that prices will upset again...but here we go, let's wait for 7/7

Soldato
Selling 3900X @ £450 would be a real killer for intel if it is close to 9900k. If that happens I will go AMD for sure.
You can buy the 9900k for £469 right now, if Intel drop a 10-15% discount on the price down to around £420, I can still see a lot of people picking Intel over AMD.

Associate
Associate
3900X is a 12 core part as well and you don't have to disable SMT if you want to be secure. If it can match the 9900K for single core at stock and if the 3900X is close in price to the 9900K. Then what point is there to getting to 9900k and add to the fact the 9900K has to have HT disabled. Making it a 9700k if you want to be secure. 9900K has to drop in price and not by a little.

Associate
That's a fair point tbh, looks to still be better in gaming and not as much need for higher speed & more expensive RAM.. hmm.

Well we find out tomorrow anyways.
I honestly thought about getting it, but then I read it is a damn hot chip. In one of those leaked benchmarks it also seems to draw more power than the 3900X. Im just going to decide tomorrow once reviews are up.

Soldato
I honestly thought about getting it, but then I read it is a damn hot chip. In one of those leaked benchmarks it also seems to draw more power than the 3900X. Im just going to decide tomorrow once reviews are up.
Was hoping AMD would do a bit better than the leaked review, but we'll see when more reviews come out where the new chips stand. If AMD is still behind in gaming hopefully it won't be more than a few %. Otherwise i think i might hold onto my 5820k for a while longer.

Associate
Was hoping AMD would do a bit better than the leaked review, but we'll see when more reviews come out where the new chips stand. If AMD is still behind in gaming hopefully it won't be more than a few %. Otherwise i think i might hold onto my 5820k for a while longer.

They are extremely close to Intel in older games at 720p, at lower clocks arguably. Sure they don't have the overclocking headroom which would widen the GPA further but the performance gap on older, single core focused games is low enough for me to go AMD now.

Whats interesting is that in Assassins Creed, even at 720p Ryzen is a clear winner. This trend I expect to continue especially given console games are going to rapidly shift the focus onto multicore.

Motherboard cost, Ram cost etc. Essentially means Ryzen isn't as clear cut on value, at least on the midrange than we've had so far though. Looking at the 9700k in particular the pricing of platform to platform new build is going to be close.

I suspect 96/97/99k options will actually still be the best performance specifically for 720p/1080p gaming but beyond that it's too close to call.

Id also wager that Ryzen 3000 will be much more relevant in say 3 years time than an 86/9600k will be.

The 2600/2600X though is either going to be a massive hard sell platform cost wise, or a bargain if paired with a B450 and say 3200mzh C16.

Eitherway we have competition, genuinely close competition, which should mean we get some proper progress on hardware now.

Associate
Can games be optimized for a specific CPU architecture though? The reason I ask is because Ryzen has not really been a real competitor in the high end until now in my opinion. It could be the reason why those games don't seem to perform so well. Leaked benchmarks do show them being very fast CPUs single core and multi core.

Associate
My question was and is, if we purchase on Sunday will it arrive Tuesday, it's the exact same question as yours, phrased differently lol
Sorry I meant Im 100% we will since last time I ordered on a Sunday I got the item on Tuesday (even though confirmation from the man himself would be better). Hopefully we can get it on Monday.

Soldato
I suspect 96/97/99k options will actually still be the best performance specifically for 720p/1080p gaming but beyond that it's too close to call.
I game at 1440p high hz, but tbh as long as i can hit around 60fps at least, preferably 90+fps in games then i don't mind what CPU i got.. I need to see what my 5820k would bottleneck, and if it's worth the cost of doing an upgrade.. or just upgrade the GPU which is still a 980Ti, but only because i haven't been playing any recent demanding games.

Back
Top Bottom