custom built case

Associate
hi, i'm lookingh for a midi case with a big on button and 2 5.25 drive bays. but cant find one - does anyone know where i can get oner custom designed and built please.

Soldato
hi, i'm lookingh for a midi case with a big on button and 2 5.25 drive bays. but cant find one - does anyone know where i can get oner custom designed and built please.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £404.91 (includes shipping: £28.02)​

Soldato
There is a place in Leigh that makes prototypes - Ecclestone Engineering, but you’re looking at ~£1000 for something simple. More if you want something fancier. MUCH MORE. And design is extra on top of that.

Would a Lian-Li PC-7H not do what you want?

Associate
OP
my major problem is limited movement so i cant reach the top of a case to turn it on. i cant put it on the floor becaue i need the space for my wheelchair.

thank you all for your help, i really appreciate it.

Associate
my major problem is limited movement so i cant reach the top of a case to turn it on. i cant put it on the floor becaue i need the space for my wheelchair.

thank you all for your help, i really appreciate it.

In which case (no pun intended) have an external mounted button made up in a box for power and reset etc.

After all the power switch is just two pins on the motherboard temporarily connected together.

Soldato
As an alternative to an external switch. How about enabling Wake on LAN? It's commonly available on motherboards now and you can use an app on your phone (or similar) to power the machine on if it's difficult to reach. I'd definitely review a lot of other options before considering getting a custom pc case made for this criteria.

Soldato
Having had more details of the requirements I would say that the problem is MUCH simpler than it seemed initially. There are many, many, companies that will modify an existing case type.

It would definitely be worth contacting Mountain Mods in the USA as they could make you something very simple from their existing CYO sheet construction system. A Mountain Mods Monticle 24 could be built with the front effectively upside down (5.25" drives at the top, fans at the bottom) and the power and reset switches can be mounted anywhere you like. It won't be under £250 delivered with all taxes paid though, but it's definitely an option.

The silverstone TJ-07 also has several companies making modified panels for it - Cold Zero, Akrylikustoms and Murder Mods immediately spring to mind. Cold Zero could certainly make you an upside down front panel for a TJ-07 with whatever switches you want in it. And used TJ-07's are really cheap assuming you have the desk space for something that large.

Back
Top Bottom