Car stolen....

Soldato
so some idiot went through the trouble to cut down the security gates on the drive and took one of the cars, they had a choice of a nice Cayenne, 911 and a coupe of other reasonable cars and what did they take? The family runs around a 2013 Ford Fiesta.

Caporegime
Wow. Sorry to hear that but as Grudas says, its probably because it was easy to take, Ford keyless entry systems (assuming it has it) are notoriously susceptible to manipulation and bypassing etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to take some of the more expensive motors first before deciding to take the Fiesta so they don't leave empty handed.

Any pictures of what they did to the security gate? Surprised nobody heard it happening?

Soldato
Mate had a prestige motor, car was stored in a barn on his land, idiots:

• Disconnected the alarm
  • drugged the dogs
  • moved the vehicles that blocked in the prestige
  • drove away in the prestige!
Sorry to hear that Housey - but still, your family was not hurt, just chunk of metal at the end of the day. One thing i would say is get CCTV that is obvious on display, an alarm system and a shotgun under the bed (not really). Sometimes they test the waters/response etc and may be back :(

Caporegime
Mate had a prestige motor, car was stored in a barn on his land, idiots:

• Disconnected the alarm
  • drugged the dogs
  • moved the vehicles that blocked in the prestige
  • drove away in the prestige!
Sorry to hear that Housey - but still, your family was not hurt, just chunk of metal at the end of the day. One thing i would say is get CCTV that is obvious on display, an alarm system and a shotgun under the bed (not really). Sometimes they test the waters/response etc and may be back :(

He could always use the shotgun to beat them with. That might be considered reasonable force. Sounds like the crooks were very organised in your case... Were the dogs OK? :(

Soldato
Someone tried to break into my neighbours last night to nick his Focus RS. They could have easily nicked my Volvo.. hoping it's not testing the waters tbh.

Soldato
As has been said, the Fiesta is extremely easy to steal (I leased one for a couple of years and used to block it in every night with another car) and is so common that it can be used in other crimes without arousing much suspicion.

Soldato
He could always use the shotgun to beat them with. That might be considered reasonable force. Sounds like the crooks were very organised in your case... Were the dogs OK? :(

Dogs were fine - long sleep and a bit more dopey than usual for a few hours after.

Soldato
Easy to steal due to Ford's crap security system. You can break the side window and plug something in to the OBD2 port without triggering the alarm (no glass sensors on them). Then start it using a laptop. Once you've done that you can program a new key.

TBH a lot of modern cars have poor security though. If you really want to stop someone you need to physically disconnect things so it won't start. Pulling out fuses is the easiest one.

**** it. Shotgun to shoot them with and bury them in a field. Who is going to come looking for them? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally if someone went to the bother of removing gates etc to take one of our cars they could have it, I wouldn't be interested in making things difficult enough to warrant coming in the house etc

Back
Top Bottom