• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
I’m gonna be screwing if I miss out on a 3900.

Everyone’s been on here saying not to worry and there’s no supply issues, but that’s not the case according to Gibbo. CPU stock is tighter than a nuns crutch.

G J

G J

Associate

Everyone’s been on here saying not to worry and there’s no supply issues, but that’s not the case according to Gibbo. CPU stock is tighter than a nuns crutch.

But there's people on here that "know" and said there wont be stock issues. :confused:

Soldato
The 2700X was already a decent CPU, the 3700X will be a good successor, a bit faster for the same price.

The 3800X is too expensive, if feels like this should have been the 12 core part at this price point but AMD decided to mix up the stack at the last minute. 3800X looks like it will be broadly comparable to 9900k but at a minor discount now that Intel are cutting prices.

3900X makes sense as a capable gaming / productivity mix.

3600 / 3600X will be the biggest selling and best value. Perfect for the majority of gamers.

The only reason for disappointment now is the fan boy hype that 7nm was some miracle node that would allow 5Ghz with tiny power consumption allowing AMD to slap Intel into next week. That was never on the cards.

The 3xxx is a decent step for AMD and continues to give us choices we didnt have 2 years ago.

Associate
Hopefully this place remains somewhat calm tomorrow, but I guess that's quite unlikely :D
I think, perhaps gamers might be a wee bit disappointed that the higher end Intel CPUs will still be hitting higher frame rates, largely because reviews may show that the Ryzen still can't clock that high.
For my case it's a no brainer, I use highly threaded apps, encode a lot and my 2700x will be eaten alive by Zen 2, and it looks like no Intel CPUs are going to be able to keep up in multi threaded tasks, so I'll be hoping that x264 and x265 encoding tests will show that.

Soldato

Absolute nonsense! (But a great way to sell CPUs...)
AMD have confirmed there will be loads of CPUs to go around. If OCUK run out, or start gouging then buy elsewhere. AMD are not suffering from the same issues Intel were. Stock is not a problem.

Associate
I'll be keeping my eyes open for the first set of audio benchmarks to hit. Particularly interested in whether audio performance collapses when load is split across ccxs as happened with threadripper. If not the 12 core should be an absolute beast for audio production.

I'm guessing the 3700x / 3800x will have gained significantly vs 9900k. More cache and fpu throughput should make a dent, but expecting they will still be behind at 64 samples as they had so much ground to make up there. We will see.

May end up being a toss up as to whether slightly higher price / heat on intel is worth it. Should be an interesting few days.

Back
Top Bottom