• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
With this refresh there is still no reason to upgrade to this generation next years shrink will be where it`s at unless Nvidia drop pricing down to more realistic levels.

Absolutely this.

My 1070 still performs better than i expected at 3440x1440 with gsync, but for sure I was looking maybe to upgrade when the 2000 series came out.

Until I saw the prices and poor performance relative to the 1000 series.

And then with the reliability issues on top, no chance I'm buying this round.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
With cyberpunk 2077 being massive with rtx, it might be a very good time to launch the new shiny shiny, especially if it can do more than 1080p 60fps rtx :p

Don’t get this. Admittedly I’ve only got a few RTX enabled games but they all play at 4K/60 with RTX on ultra. :confused:

Soldato
Just the one. Clocked at 2100/8000 with frame dips as low as 50 but generally 60fps or thereabouts..
Well that goes against every benchmark I have seen. Averages of sub 40 is more the norm for 4K in the reviews.

Battlefield V Ultra DXR 37fps
Metro Exodus RTX Ultra 30fps
Shadow of the Tomb Raider RTX Ultra 39fps

Soldato
Just the one. Clocked at 2100/8000 with frame dips as low as 50 but generally 60fps or thereabouts.

The whole 1080P thing is BS.

With DLSS i take it. Played Metro on my mates 2080ti and with dlss the frames were good enough. DLSS off was unplayable. Some other effects we don't like were also turned off or as low as they could be but in the main Ultra settings, dlss and RTX Ultra.

Soldato
Don’t get this. Admittedly I’ve only got a few RTX enabled games but they all play at 4K/60 with RTX on ultra. :confused:

You must have DLSS on, which makes it not really 4k because your downsampling, turn DLSS off, and if you can run 4k 60fps RTX on go hit up every you tube tech review or even nvidia themselves as you have the crown :)

Soldato
The middle of summer is not the right time for me to buy new hardware anyway. My PC is in a loft conversion and it gets like a sauna up here on hot days.

Plus the 1080 is doing fine. RTX still needs maturity and I really want to see whats what when Cyberpunk launches.

Man of Honour
Screw it, just ordered a AORUS 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce, just hoping the prices don't fall drastically. I know I've paid a premium for the WB, but I really hate taking apart cards to put my own on. Plus I'll get the VAT back, so not that bad.

Anyone want a 1080 Ti with EKWB? I'll be listing it for sale tomorrow.

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
With DLSS i take it. Played Metro on my mates 2080ti and with dlss the frames were good enough. DLSS off was unplayable. Some other effects we don't like were also turned off or as low as they could be but in the main Ultra settings, dlss and RTX Ultra.

Yep, DLSS except on SOTTR. That drops a bit below 60 but is perfectly playable without DLSS.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect but it’s nothing like the 1080/60 BS that people have been whining about for months.

EDIT: Actually DLSS only on Metro.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well that goes against every benchmark I have seen. Averages of sub 40 is more the norm for 4K in the reviews.

Battlefield V Ultra DXR 37fps
Metro Exodus RTX Ultra 30fps
Shadow of the Tomb Raider RTX Ultra 39fps

Not sure what has changed but using just one 2080ti on BFV on ultra with RTX at 4k I get a pretty solid 60fps. Once in a while it dips below to 50fps but not often

Back
Top Bottom