Steam Sale started today

Associate
So far bought

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, Darksiders III, Shadows: Awakening + all DLC's, DCS F5-E Tiger, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Little Nightmares, Prey, Age of Empires III Complete Collection, Galactic Civilizations III, Persian Gulf Map for DCS, Deus Ex mankind divided, Police Helicopter Simulator, Police Simulator: Patrol Duty, Project Cars 2, Nascar HEAT, Ravenfield, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Star Control: Origins, The Hunter - Call of the Wild, Thief, Victory at Sea, House Party, Overload, Cold Waters, 911 Operator, Between the Stars.. plus some little games.
good sales so far wish I had moar money.

icG

icG

Associate
@Bouce Witcher 3 is a really good choice - I'd recommend you get the Game of the Year Edition as you'll get 2 expansions which are really well made and Blood and Wine could be a stand alone game.
Side note; don't forget the extras SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3 - - they're not really advertised on Steam but are nice to have.

Associate
I got Redout Refunded, doesnt look anywhere as good in game as it does in the screenshots and videos and for some reason the menu system is unresponsive and jittery

I really want a fun racing game, Wreckfest seems to be holding its value is it worth £20?

According to Steam I purchased Wreckfest back in 2014, I tried a few races online and as with these things, forgot and moved onto another game.

I installed and have to say, really impressed. Wreckfest has come on in leaps and bounds! Playing with a Xbox One Controller, against AI, turned off all aids and manual gearbox. Its got decent physics for a casual sim, in fact the cars work really well with a pad. The cars slide, feel right, without feeling overly twitchy or too easy. A nice mix.

I have not tried career mode, just messing about with the tracks, working my way by picking up upgrades and new cars. You can have some decent races without crashing into other cars, or full on contact mode - the choice is yours.

You can race in teams so not every racer is out to destroy you. I like the AI who will do mad things but I like unpredictability! It's good when navigating through pile ups or nudging an opponent forcing them to spin out.

The races, especially the ones which take place on mud and tarmac remind me of Rally Cross (there are shortcuts on some tracks). There are some things which realistic racing sim games could take from Wreckfest, the damage model is awesome, also tyre walls get destroyed etc. It really does add to the atmosphere.

Criticism's - when racing a US Muscle car I feel they are a tad light, would prefer a bit more weight and momentum (but then this is based on comparing to racing GT Legends etc) and this is not really a sim.

The first car (a sixties Mustang) has the growl of the Bullitt car (just needs beefing up!)

It sits nicely in casual driving sims such as the Euro/American Truck Sim or Spintyres. Fire up for a few mins or invest some time.

I am really pleased and its definitely a game I will spend some time with.

Soldato
I was waiting for the Humble Monthly to drop yesterday before buying anything, just in case, so now thinking I will definitely be picking up 2 copies of Dying Light to play with Mrs.Rufus... and the other things I'm pondering (but may pass up as I've got plenty to play):

South Park SoT + FbW for £10
Batman Arkham Knight for £5
The Zubmariner DLC for Sunless Seas for £4
Resident Evil 1 HD Remake for £6
XCOM2 War of the Chosen DLC for £12

Then there's a bunch of games I like the look of and have been thinking of getting for ages, but never seem to pickup for some weird reason, like GTA V which I've still never played... Grid Autosport...

But who knows, lately I talk myself out of it... unless I'm literally going to instantly install the game I'm buying and play it right away ahead of all the others I'm trying to get around to

Last edited:
Soldato
So far bought

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, Darksiders III, Shadows: Awakening + all DLC's, DCS F5-E Tiger, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Little Nightmares, Prey, Age of Empires III Complete Collection, Galactic Civilizations III, Persian Gulf Map for DCS, Deus Ex mankind divided, Police Helicopter Simulator, Police Simulator: Patrol Duty, Project Cars 2, Nascar HEAT, Ravenfield, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Star Control: Origins, The Hunter - Call of the Wild, Thief, Victory at Sea, House Party, Overload, Cold Waters, 911 Operator, Between the Stars.. plus some little games.
good sales so far wish I had moar money.
Someones gonna be a busy boy

Soldato
@Ninco!

Thanks for that it sounds like it's what I'm looking for, I'm going to pick it up later whilst it's still on offer I think I'll regret it if I don't

Anyone know if Strange Brigade is worth a tenner? Might pick that up too as I need a couple more games to save for winter

Soldato
Max Payne 1&2 as never played back in the day.

Fantastic games, the first especially as I think it was one of the first games to introduce bullet time. Great story too, making me want to replay it.
I'm surprised a Remake hasn't been announced for it.

I've got some funds in my wallet so I'm tempted by resident evil 7 but I see it's still cheaper elsewhere,
Rise of the tomb raider for £6
and Planet coaster looks good too.

Caporegime
I gotta say this has been the worst "event" type thing to accompany the sale.
The first day seemed to have just been exploit city and obviously they had to close up the loop holes but after that its been watered down to stupidity.
kinda wish i just abused it to oblivion. I earned a ton of points legit by logging into games i have with loads of achievements, i didnt even understand why i was getting a lot of points but then... well its been boring to say the least.

bought some triad open world game for 3 euros, its vanished into the list of games ill never play :p
i bought Citys skylines and have lost a few days to that now. Its like simcity4 but no BS. (less bs)

Soldato
I bought Rust and have already spent 48 hours on it. What a great game.
Playing solo or with friends? I tried playing it solo but just couldn't get into it. I think my anxiety doesn't help as i struggle with voice comms, so encounters tend to just end in a firefight as I can't talk my way out of it.

Back
Top Bottom