Feek's Friday Beer, gin (and whatever you happen to be drinking on a Friday night) Thread

Soldato
Kicked things off with a Thornbridge Yelamu DIPA. Deliciously tropical and all from the hops, none of that puree adjunct nonsense.

I have a few others lined up too.

fripales.jpg

...and the NB (North Brewing Co) double dry hopped IPA (on the right). Another drop in ABV, this time to 6%, and another very tasty ale.

It's all been tasty tonight, and to be fair it's all been supermarket swag (Tesco).

Last edited:
Associate
I've been on the whole IPA train for a while now but recently I've been really liking cans of Stella . My entire mentality was always that Stella was crap wife beater lager, however now I rate it above all other mainstream lagers when it comes to cost/taste.

A cold pint of it is great on a summers day.

Man I'm common.

Agreed I think Stella's not bad at least it has some flavour and on a hot sunny day sometimes a ice cold lager is what hits the spot.

Soldato
That's me for tonight, lads. I'm feeling those strong ales a bit so I'm switching to long drinks and cooking ales. Cheers!

Last edited:
Associate
Beer Number 2. Not tried this before but was pretty tasty a lot more bitter than the colour would suggest with lots of citrus and floral flavors. Would definitely try again.

AkYPuAU.jpg

Soldato
Cracking beer. If you're ever near the Sheffield FC ground pop into the Coach and Horses. They always have a load of Thornbridge ales on. I had my first cask Jaipur there and it was phenominal.

Sure is. They have it in casks in a few places round Manc.

#NorthernPowerhouse

I quite like the Thornbridge Tart as well :)

I can only see Jaipur on sale in my area, Asda seems to be the only supermarket near me that sell's it.

Soldato
As Feek says, Morrisons can be good too although I don't think the one nearest me has ever stocked any Thornbridge.

If you have an M&S near you then that's also worth checking out. I popped into one the other week and they had a load of decent craft beers, including a few by Beavertown.

Soldato
I'm thinking about popping to Aldi tonight before they close and getting a few bottles of their Alska cider in a variety of flavours. Nice stuff especially for the price. :)

Don
I'm thinking about popping to Aldi tonight before they close and getting a few bottles of their Alska cider in a variety of flavours. Nice stuff especially for the price. :)

+1 lovely stuff, but way too easy to drink :)

I also like the Orchard Irish cider they do for 85p/bottle, quite a crisp refreshing taste, a bit different to e.g Thatcher's or magners etc.

Soldato
+1 lovely stuff, but way too easy to drink :)

I also like the Orchard Irish cider they do for 85p/bottle, quite a crisp refreshing taste, a bit different to e.g Thatcher's or magners etc.

Thought I'd try that Orchard Irish Cider too :)

1562475903.jpg

Starting on the Strawberry Lime Cider while the rest are chilling in the fridge. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom