Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Caporegime
In the two matches I've seen our biggest problem is our defending.

I'm not sure if our defender handballing it was in the area for a penalty but wasn't it a possible sending off? VAR didn't even review it but I don't see how its any different to our disallowed goal.

Man of Honour
In the two matches I've seen our biggest problem is our defending.

I'm not sure if our defender handballing it was in the area for a penalty but wasn't it a possible sending off? VAR didn't even review it but I don't see how its any different to our disallowed goal.

I know it is much easier to say as an observer with a broader view but there seems to be a lack of perception of danger, lack of vision where the play is going - Sweden were seeing the openings 3 seconds ahead while England were just switched off.

Soldato
I'm beginning to wonder how good of a coach Phil Neville is, I don't think he's done much in the men's game. I guess the standard of coaching will improve along with the women's game in general as it becomes more popular. I've enjoyed the competition on the whole but the England team leaves me with the same sense of disappointment as the men's team in tournaments.

Man of Honour
I'm beginning to wonder how good of a coach Phil Neville is, I don't think he's done much in the men's game. I guess the standard of coaching will improve along with the women's game in general as it becomes more popular. I've enjoyed the competition on the whole but the England team leaves me with the same sense of disappointment as the men's team in tournaments.

I'd take him over the managers that have one plan and then sit there with their head in their hands when it all comes apart then make desperate changes in the last 5 minutes.

England completely switched off in the first 20 minutes or so of the game allowing Sweden to stamp their mark on the game and White seems to be playing really poorly (especially after the second VAR) which isn't helping.

Man of Honour
I think Neville has done well with the quality he has available. The two centre backs in particular are atrocious, need to improve there.

Yeah and too many times players didn't seem to be on the same page for no apparent reason like the push at the start which mostly caught Sweden off guard but instead of continuing the momentum with the obvious opening with a good chance on goal they passed it off into dead play...... kind of like they were going through the motions of a script without all the pieces in play instead of playing the game before them - something they seemed to do a lot against the US.

Man of Honour
US is going to have a massive fitness/rested advantage I can't see the Dutch being able to rise to that but I could be wrong. Probably 3-0 to the US but I'm not writing the Dutch off they looked dangerous when things were falling into place but unless they've been holding something back I can't see them able to impose that to the US.

Caporegime
It was a clear hand ball?

The one with our defender before half time was clear as well and possibly a red card for being last man and VAR didn't even review it. Picking and choosing what to review is a problem with VAR I think. If you're going to be 100% anal about some incidents then you can't just ignore others?

Back
Top Bottom