• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX2070 Super and RTX2060 Super review thread

Associate
Yes I'm running a 1440p 165hz monitor so thinking a 2070-S will be a decent fit. If I wasn't tied in to G-Sync I'd take a look at the 5700-XT but no way I'd want to give up the variable refresh.

Caporegime
https://babeltechreviews.com/the-rt...quid-cooled-rx-vega-64-overclocking-showdown/

RTX 2060 SUPER OC destroyed Vega 64 LC OC in nearly all benchmarks.
It would have been a decent card at £250 - £300.

It's a joke at £400+. It's an xx60 card after all.

In years gone by we took it for-granted that a new card would beat the more expensive cards of a previous generation (which were 18 months to 2 years old!). Now we simply expect to pay more if there's more performance.

Caporegime
It would have been a decent card at £250 - £300.

It's a joke at £400+. It's an xx60 card after all.

In years gone by we took it for-granted that a new card would beat the more expensive cards of a previous generation (which were 18 months to 2 years old!). Now we simply expect to pay more if there's more performance.

It is really quite a ***** practice. As you say, the norm was generally that the next gen of cards would offer more performance for the same price. These days, both Nvidia, and now AMD are just making the new stuff more and more expensive so we get hardly any sort of price/performance increase.

This also means the inevitable fire sales of the previous gen cards for peanuts doesn't happen (or at least the result has been fairly muted)

I wont be buying a new card until that stops.

Soldato
It is really quite a ***** practice. As you say, the norm was generally that the next gen of cards would offer more performance for the same price. These days, both Nvidia, and now AMD are just making the new stuff more and more expensive so we get hardly any sort of price/performance increase.

This also means the inevitable fire sales of the previous gen cards for peanuts doesn't happen (or at least the result has been fairly muted)

I wont be buying a new card until that stops.

It depends how you look at it.

I bought my 980Ti for £649 on release. Sold it for less than half that shortly after the 1080 launch.

Infact most were going for the £2-300 range.

Bought a 1080Ti for £600 on release. Sold it after the 2080Ti release over a year later for £550.

Last edited:
Associate
so what are the prices? 2070 super looks to be slightly better than a 1080ti.

2060S practically identical to a 2070.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom