Car stolen....

Soldato
Sorry to hear this. I feel when stuff like this happens your families safety is the main thing.

On The Sun's website yesterday there was an article saying the Fiesta is Britains most stolen car, 12% of all cars nicked are Fiestas.

Soldato
Cutting through the security gates is going that extra mile so they must have wanted the Fiesta for some reason. With all those nice cars there I hope you have commensurate CCTV and security lights. ;)

Soldato
OP
So the police found the car, they also found the guy who probably stole it but could not charge him.

the insurance refused to pay out because I was not able to find the second key which may have been miss placed in a house move a long long time ago.

It needed a new window steering rack and driveshaft but other than that it’s back on the road

Soldato
So the police found the car, they also found the guy who probably stole it but could not charge him.

the insurance refused to pay out because I was not able to find the second key which may have been miss placed in a house move a long long time ago.

It needed a new window steering rack and driveshaft but other than that it’s back on the road

Sounds like insurance. Any excuse as to not pay out.

Soldato
I don't even get the logic. Is there some additional aspect to their questioning like, could this key be traced back to you? It's all very well losing a key, but if there's no reasonable way of knowing where the thing is it unlocks, it's pretty immaterial that a key has been lost.

Man of Honour
I don't even get the logic. Is there some additional aspect to their questioning like, could this key be traced back to you? It's all very well losing a key, but if there's no reasonable way of knowing where the thing is it unlocks, it's pretty immaterial that a key has been lost.
I suppose their thinking is if you can't hand over the key then what's to say you didn't leave it in the car and not lock it.

Underboss

sorry but did you not think to order another Key ?
what if it was your 911 ?

Soldato
I suppose their thinking is if you can't hand over the key then what's to say you didn't leave it in the car and not lock it.
That makes sense. I'm not sure it's justification for a blanket approach of "do you have both keys?" "no" "no insurance", but I appreciate it's probably like this because of the few that would exploit it.

Insurance wont pay out if they suspect foul play obviously

Normally with broken window or something thats a good sign it wasn't

I supposed they may have been questioning why someone would take a focus as opposed to a 911, but its a new one
Millions of people only have one key, and its not something I ever heard of in order to reject a claim

Soldato
That's a really lame excuse not to pay out and surely they can't make it stick if challenged. What if you bought it used and never got a spare key? My 2nd car only had one key.

They can't just assume foul play and not pay out.

Last edited:
Soldato

I'd go to the ombudsman on that. They can't prove the thief had the key, and if he had, that would make it stolen, not given away by you to invalidate the insurance.

Back
Top Bottom