• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD reduce prices before launch

Soldato
Yup, I wouldn't even consider enabling RTX on Cyberpunk without one of the 7nm upgraded cards (and they're probably a year away!).

Exactly... but they put it out there in the mind of the consumer. If it is making me think about it.. the layman surely is as well.

With just the 57xx cards, I just can't see AMD making any substantial market share with their current pricing.

Associate
With the price drops all I see is a decent release if the leaked benchmarks are indicative of overall performance. Depending on price the 3rd party cards could be very good. The 5700 is about the same speed as the 2060S or slightly faster while being $50 cheaper and the 5700XT makes up for lower performance than the 2070S with a $100 lower price.

Sure the Nvidia cards have RTX but if I were buying tomorrow then it's a non issue and for many other potential buyers I suspect, particularly the 2060S as it doesn't really have the grunt to drive reasonable FPS (and certainly won't for newer games like Cyberpunk).

Associate
Don't get me wrong, I'd love AMD to sell ****loads of the things!! And the sharpening tool on Navi looks like it could be pretty nice, more useful than RT at this point!! :D

I am with you, It can only be a good thing if AMD do sell loads of these cards and hopefully a price war ensues. I have a 970 and with my new rift it isn't the best, so I am getting pretty desperate to upgrade. TBH I am leaning towards a 2070 super but my head is telling me to get the best bang for buck card to tide me over until the next gen comes out, and that is not a 20XX super.

Soldato
Exactly... but they put it out there in the mind of the consumer. If it is making me think about it.. the layman surely is as well.

With just the 57xx cards, I just can't see AMD making any substantial market share with their current pricing.

They definitely need a complete range to take any meaningful share back. Especially if they can only match the 2070 in terms of performance.

I'd like to think they will learn loads from the 5700, like nvidia did with the 750ti and come back with a full range that becomes really competitive.

Associate
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/amd-confirms-radeon-5700-series-price-cuts-two-days-before-launch/

Just caught this, couldnt see any updates here. If already posted please delete.

Strange behaviour from AMD, but at least consumers benefit from the intensing price competition.

The new pricing:
  • Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition—$449 (down from $499)
  • Radeon RX 5700 XT—$399 (down from $449)
  • Radeon RX 5700—$349 (down from $379)
Waiting to see UK adjustment.

"Uk adjustment"??? :D:D:D More like Uk price increase

Caporegime
I love it when enthusiasts argue like they're the only customer. Almost no one will care about the optics of this price drop, all the majority will see is a better price.

Soldato
I love it when enthusiasts argue like they're the only customer. Almost no one will care about the optics of this price drop, all the majority will see is a better price.

Exactly. Most people will probably look at reviews and see the 5700 matching or beating the equivalent 2070 and decide on price. They don't care what it was announced at as long as the price they pay is cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom