Feek's Friday Beer, gin (and whatever you happen to be drinking on a Friday night) Thread

Can't type for toffee
Don
And Morrisons as well. Our local one regularly gets different ales in stock.

Aye they get some surprising stuff in, started getting northern monk too, neapolitan IPA and the raspberry ripple should be on everyones try list

If yer ever nearby the Morissons at Berwick is awesome, they get all the scottish stuff in.
Cairngorns Wildcat is awesome always grab a handfull as wll as trying some new ones, tried one called Old Jock last week thayt's going onto my regular buy list too.
Think I need to wind back a bit tho, got 5 or so beer52 boxes untouched as well as a recent beerhawk (wont be bothering again) and a coupla crates for of mixed beers haha

Recently tried a new one I'd not seen before in Lidl, legendary ale or some such, has a moustache on the front... crap

The beerhawk box was one of their BOGOF offers recently with beers (as I recall) just past their useby dates or slightly damaged, to find beers in there over a year past the date :/

Associate
Tonight's beers include Toast which I think is a Tesco own beer, was pretty tasty and definitely got the bready/ yeasty flavor from

eLRM0dv.jpg

a Yeasty boys Bigmouth

7zB9GpJ.jpg

and a Brew Dog Dead pony which i didn't photo.

All in all a good few beers nothing to adventurous but all beers I enjoy.

Soldato
Tonight's beers include Toast which I think is a Tesco own beer, was pretty tasty and definitely got the bready/ yeasty flavor from

eLRM0dv.jpg

a Yeasty boys Bigmouth

7zB9GpJ.jpg

and a Brew Dog Dead pony which i didn't photo.

All in all a good few beers nothing to adventurous but all beers I enjoy.
That's interesting, I think the Toast guys were based near the old HQ of a charity I work with. We often had it donated for our socials/Christmas parties :)

Soldato
Tonight's beer will be from on board HMS Warrior as I attend Warriorfest.
An event hosted by Staggeringly Good brewery so avast ye scurvy dogs, there be dinosaurs on the pointy bit. Or something like that.

Soldato
Associate
I tried Brooklyn naranjito the other day and was a little underwhelmed. It was a super hot summer evening and it just wasn’t quite as refreshing and citrus as I might have expected. Oh well! Perhaps this one is a better bet?

I chill it to very cold and find it a nice easy drinker. It's always in the 4 for a fiver at Tesco so nice and cheap

Associate
Bit of a cheat as I had this Monday which was spent out in Windsor and this "All Day Pale" (LINK) from Windsor and Eton Brewery was a great beer for all day drinking especially as it it hot and sunny! Only 2.7% but full of flavour

Xd5Nrbz.jpg

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Bit of a cheat as I had this Monday which was spent out in Windsor and this "All Day Pale" (LINK) from Windsor and Eton Brewery was a great beer for all day drinking especially as it it hot and sunny! Only 2.7% but full of flavour

Xd5Nrbz.jpg

2.7%!? I thought Rebellion IPA (my local brewery, they do great beer) was weak at only 3.7%. Lovely colour though. :)

No picture but I'm just finishing off a bottle of St Austell's Proper Job. One of my favourites. Got some Tribute in the fridge too.

Associate
2.7%!? I thought Rebellion IPA (my local brewery, they do great beer) was weak at only 3.7%. Lovely colour though. :)

No picture but I'm just finishing off a bottle of St Austell's Proper Job. One of my favourites. Got some Tribute in the fridge too.

I was very surprised with it, good colour, good flavour and can drink it it all day. I will need to check out Rebellion IPA

Back
Top Bottom