• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
https://ithardware.pl/testyirecenzje/premierowy_test_amd_ryzen_5_3600_zen_na_trzecim_biegu-9706.html

Overclocking, Turbo operation, power and temperature consumption
Leaving efficiency on the side, it's time to focus on other aspects of use. Starting from overclocking, in this topic I was expecting significantly better results than what I could achieve. The more so because the bravest warriors of rebellion have been feeding us with fantasies of 5 GHz without any problems, and in more extreme versions even around 5.5 GHz for many months. At this point, of course, I greet our regular reader, Gatts :) Unfortunately, the reality is not so rosy and although with better plays, you can probably try to attack 4.5 GHz, however, the editorial sampel capitulated at just 4.3 GHz . If someone missed the comment on the site on boosting, I decided not to exceed 1.45 voltswhich in my opinion is still high for a 7 nm process . On the other hand, I can not refuse the positives when it comes to the functioning of Precision Boost , which is impeccable. Turbo in the AMDrelease perfectly holds clocks, also under high load, and does not cause any problems in both applications and games. Turning to the power consumption, it is really low - both before and after applying overclocking lower than in the case of Core i7-8700K. Staying a while at OC, where all three of the six-core Ryzen from three different generations worked with the same voltage of 1.4 Vthe tested model has recorded the lowest demand for electricity in this trio. The technological process of 7 nm has really worked, there is no doubt about it. On the other hand, the temperatures turned out to be high, but I'm not sure if the reading was correct, perhaps burdened with some undocumented offset (although in the case of the model without the letter "X" it is unlikely, but not impossible) or HWiNFO error.

Confusion with motherboards and final rating
In conclusion, let me say a few words about the motherboards on the X570 chipset , and more specifically their prices. It can not be concealed that this aspect is the least positive associated with the premiere of Ryzen 3000processors on the Zen 2 architecture . In fact, even the most modest models, with such absurd savings as prehistoric audio codecs or an I / O panel straight from the cheapest ones on the A320 or H310, promise to buy, which will really drastically reduce our portfolio. At present, the situation is obviously quite controlled, because nothing stands in the way of pairing the Matisse family representative(code name of new units) with the motherboard on the X470 or even X370 chip, which is best evidenced by this test (I refer to the test platform), but in the long run this is not a solution. Sooner or later, the X470 based designs will become exactly the same as those based on the X370, so they will be sold out. What will we stay then? In all likelihood, the X570 and the upcoming B550 . Only that if the boards on the last chipset have equally prohibitive prices in relation to the offered options, then the situation will not be good for the consumer. I immediately emphasize that the trend is not limited to the AMD campbecause blue competition is exactly the same: Z170 -> Z270 -> Z370 -> Z390 and more expensive each time. I only pay attention to the fact that the trend is worrying. Returning to Ryzena 5,600 , the tested processor gets four and a half stars from me, to which I add distinctions performance and recommendation . Undoubtedly, the first one simply belongs to the unit, which on the factory settings without complexes competes with the top six-core from Intel. Errors in the early versions of the BIOS I have come across are being forgotten at this moment. We will see how the case will develop with firmware upgrades and if necessary will create a separate material on this subject.

Associate
I personally really like Asus' BIOS. once X570 launches today I might get one depending on price and features. I have my eye on the X570 Taichi or Aourus since the new Hero seems to be really expensive. By the way the X570 Pro Carbon looks decent but its more expensive.
The Hero and Master boards are in the same price bracket, circa £379 (+/- £10), the Gaming Pro Carbon is cheaper by all accounts @ around £259.

Associate
https://ithardware.pl/testyirecenzje/premierowy_test_amd_ryzen_5_3600_zen_na_trzecim_biegu-9706.html

Leaving efficiency on the side, it's time to focus on other aspects of use. Starting from overclocking, in this topic I was expecting significantly better results than what I could achieve. The more so because the bravest warriors of rebellion have been feeding us with fantasies of 5 GHz without any problems, and in more extreme versions even around 5.5 GHz for many months. At this point, of course, I greet our regular reader, Gatts :) Unfortunately, the reality is not so rosy and although with better plays, you can probably try to attack 4.5 GHz, however, the editorial sampel capitulated at just 4.3 GHz . If someone missed the comment on the site on boosting, I decided not to exceed 1.45 voltswhich in my opinion is still high for a 7 nm process . On the other hand, I can not refuse the positives when it comes to the functioning of Precision Boost , which is impeccable. Turbo in the AMDrelease perfectly holds clocks, also under high load, and does not cause any problems in both applications and games. Turning to the power consumption, it is really low - both before and after applying overclocking lower than in the case of Core i7-8700K. Staying a while at OC, where all three of the six-core Ryzen from three different generations worked with the same voltage of 1.4 Vthe tested model has recorded the lowest demand for electricity in this trio. The technological process of 7 nm has really worked, there is no doubt about it. On the other hand, the temperatures turned out to be high, but I'm not sure if the reading was correct, perhaps burdened with some undocumented offset (although in the case of the model without the letter "X" it is unlikely, but not impossible) or HWiNFO error.

In conclusion, let me say a few words about the motherboards on the X570 chipset , and more specifically their prices. It can not be concealed that this aspect is the least positive associated with the premiere of Ryzen 3000processors on the Zen 2 architecture . In fact, even the most modest models, with such absurd savings as prehistoric audio codecs or an I / O panel straight from the cheapest ones on the A320 or H310, promise to buy, which will really drastically reduce our portfolio. At present, the situation is obviously quite controlled, because nothing stands in the way of pairing the Matisse family representative(code name of new units) with the motherboard on the X470 or even X370 chip, which is best evidenced by this test (I refer to the test platform), but in the long run this is not a solution. Sooner or later, the X470 based designs will become exactly the same as those based on the X370, so they will be sold out. What will we stay then? In all likelihood, the X570 and the upcoming B550 . Only that if the boards on the last chipset have equally prohibitive prices in relation to the offered options, then the situation will not be good for the consumer. I immediately emphasize that the trend is not limited to the AMD campbecause blue competition is exactly the same: Z170 -> Z270 -> Z370 -> Z390 and more expensive each time. I only pay attention to the fact that the trend is worrying. Returning to Ryzena 5,600 , the tested processor gets four and a half stars from me, to which I add distinctions performance and recommendation . Undoubtedly, the first one simply belongs to the unit, which on the factory settings without complexes competes with the top six-core from Intel. Errors in the early versions of the BIOS I have come across are being forgotten at this moment. We will see how the case will develop with firmware upgrades and if necessary will create a separate material on this subject.

So his sample maxed out at 4.3Ghz when manually overclocking on X370 mobo. A bit meh really and still 8700K is quite a bit ahead when both overclocked.

Associate

In games overclocked @4.3 ghz its between 8600k and 8700k Wich is impressive consider the 2666mhz memory and not probably updated

Associate
The Hero and Master boards are in the same price bracket, circa £379 (+/- £10), the Gaming Pro Carbon is cheaper by all accounts @ around £259.
I was comparing the Pro Carbon to the Edge when I said that it was more expensive. I am hoping the Master is cheaper and that its only Asus that has gone mad with the prices. BZ did a review on the Strix F and he did not have nice things to say about it, so I rather not go for a Strix if I do get an X570. I might go Taichi then because I cant justify £300+ for a board.

Associate
if you look closly at that board you can notice extra pins in the bottom pci e slot, the other boards i've seen in the x570 line up have

1*16
1*8
1*4

maybe the lack of a 3rd m.2 has been used to incrase the number of lanes to the 3rd slot?

Find it strange that people prefer having M2 over an extra x4 slot, it's not like adapter cards are expensive & i'd have thought flexibility & the ability to replace if you damage a connector would trump the mild convenience of having it directly on the board. Maybe it's cheaper for the board makers.

There's more of an argument with x570 as pcie4 adapter cards don't seem to have hit quite yet, but the market for multiple 4.0 nvme drives right now has got to be super niche.

Associate
I was comparing the Pro Carbon to the Edge when I said that it was more expensive. I am hoping the Master is cheaper and that its only Asus that has gone mad with the prices. BZ did a review on the Strix F and he did not have nice things to say about it, so I rather not go for a Strix if I do get an X570. I might go Taichi then because I cant justify £300+ for a board.
Ah! The Master board will sadly be within a hair of the Hero from the leaked prices :(

The Taichi is on my pick list but i seem to recall BZ saying it uses t-top vs daisychain for the memory config. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out with 2 dimms.

Associate
Yes consider he was testing on a x370 board we can expect more. I think we should expect a 20 fps increase over the 2700x or 2600x
It really winds me up when people state general performance in games using fps instead of %.
If a game runs at 60fps than 20fps is like 30% but if it runs at 400fps then 20fps is next to nothing...

Back
Top Bottom