A couple of HDR/Resolution questions.

Soldato
Hey guys thanks for any help.

Just got new TV 2018 qe55dna and all settings are new to me. up until now I have always been 1080p 60hz. This TV has HDR and can run 60hz 4k, 1440p 120hz, 1080p 120hz and it has freesync. So lots more settings for me to learn.

So here is couple of my issues I have right now,

When I went into nvidia settings I could only go 4-2-0 8 bit and everything was greyed out so couldn't make any changes. Could this be wrong hdmi cable? (it is old one).

Other issue I have is my card GtX 1080 was struggling to play mortal Kombat at 60fps. Just wondering if I HDR would still work at 1440p.

I will probably get more powerful card later in the year that supports freesync hdmi but wont be for while yet.

Any general tips for the tv are welcome.

Soldato
I'm guessing like most TVs (mine included) in the settings on the tv under HDMI there is an option to expand or set to full. If this is not enabled the shield won't see that the set can handle the higher settings.

HDR is independent of resolution, plenty of 1080p HDR content on Netflix as an example.

Soldato
OP
I'm guessing like most TVs (mine included) in the settings on the tv under HDMI there is an option to expand or set to full. If this is not enabled the shield won't see that the set can handle the higher settings.

HDR is independent of resolution, plenty of 1080p HDR content on Netflix as an example.

Thanks

Soldato
OP
No problem, out of interest was that the issue?

I'm not sure but I don't think it was, I tried overwatch and it doesn't let me select 1440p 120hz either.

I haven't had much chance to do any gaming because I have been working.

I have ordered a new hdmi cable so will try what you said when the cable gets here.

Back
Top Bottom