**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
On the off-chance that somebody out there is interested...

I bought the MNML case and a cheap version of the MNML, and suprisingly, the cheap one is loads better. It feels better (to me). It has slightly better camera lens protection. The fingerprint cutout is smaller (which I prefer) and is actually centred where the MNML was not.

The pictures on Amazon are not accurate to what I got so I have posted a few below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KT9HVZG/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

Soldato
Clear app cache and data? Mine is fine.

Like disabling, if that works it only works once, then a few days later I realise all the app updates are queuing up again. It will just say download pending forever. Any new apps I try to download join this queue.

I have tried changing the download options from WiFi only to WiFi or mobile, doesn't help.

It's very frustrating!

Soldato
Mine's got an annoying bug this month where the sound seems to be muffled and focused on the lower end of the audio spectrum. If I'm watching Netflix, I end up having to pause and unpause and then the sound goes back to normal. It seems to be doing it in Spotify and Youtube too.

I'm tempted to send it back for a warranty replacement, the WiFi on it is attrocious at home, get disconnects quite often and the 5GHz band is beyond useless for me.

Soldato
Mine's got an annoying bug this month where the sound seems to be muffled and focused on the lower end of the audio spectrum. If I'm watching Netflix, I end up having to pause and unpause and then the sound goes back to normal. It seems to be doing it in Spotify and Youtube too.

I'm tempted to send it back for a warranty replacement, the WiFi on it is attrocious at home, get disconnects quite often and the 5GHz band is beyond useless for me.

Might be your router. I had disconnects on my virgin hub. Upgraded to Google WiFi and not had any issues at all. Turned out I had 17 WiFi devices and virgin hub could not handle. Sadly the iPad and the pixel were the ones who got bumped off.

Associate
Hey, is there an official Android One thread?

If not, can I ask; can you remove the Google search bar and the Weather app from the home screen?

Soldato
Hey, is there an official Android One thread?

If not, can I ask; can you remove the Google search bar and the Weather app from the home screen?
  1. Open Settings on your phone.
  2. Tap "Apps".
  3. Scroll to "All" tab.
  4. Select Google Search or Google App and tap "Disable".
  5. Restart your phone and you'll find the Google Search bar is turned off.

Associate
Or just turn off at a glance in the launcher settings. (if you're using the default launcher)

Thanks, pressing at a glance doesnt do anything on my phone, there are lots of posts on other forums saying the only way to remove weather is to replace the default Android launcher

Soldato
I just enabled the Google photos face recognition which is handy. You need to connect to the USA with tunnel bear or some other vpn then open photos and it should auto enable. You can then disconnect from VPN and it stays.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Thanks, pressing at a glance doesnt do anything on my phone, there are lots of posts on other forums saying the only way to remove weather is to replace the default Android launcher
Ah I see. I'm a long time Nova user, I've never actually used the stock launcher myself, at least not for any length of time.

Soldato
Had some weird stuff going on with my P3 where pressing the on button just once would trigger the camera app to open, then it would constantly bring up the off/reboot/screenshot menu; despite turning the phone off completely it would then still reboot. Seems sporadic but I'm considering taking it back to CPW for a second exchange.

Back
Top Bottom