• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3 pricing from OCUK

OcUK Staff
Hi there

As for some the sections are not populating you can find product here:

Ryzen 3000 Processors:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors?ckSuppliers=34&sSort=1&ckTab=0

Motherboards:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/motherboards?sPage=1&sSort=1

NAVI Graphics cards:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/amd?sPage=1&sSort=1

Our recommendations:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors/amd/amd-ryzen-3rd-gen

Good luck guys and sorry our site is not populating sections and making it easy for all to find....

Associate
Thanks Gibbo,

Just ordered a 3700x, ETA 8th July, so hopefully will be in stock tomorrow as i will collect instore with living in stoke. Also ordered a Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI to go with it to complete my mini itx build :)

Been killing me as been getting bits here and there in preparation lol

Soldato
MSI 570 Carbon, Sapphire 5700 XT , 3700X, & 16GB 8 Pack 3600 ram, 1TB nvme (plus a couple of IronWolf 12TB drives for NAS)

All ordered......I was hovering over the 3800X instead, and Im just not sure I will see that much benefit so went with the "cheaper" option lol

Slightly concerned as I would have thought I would have got one of the purchase emails confirming the order by now (they are automatic after all) .......have both Internet ref/ Transaction codes though - couldn't see the XT's at first so thought I would buy the cpu and everything else to get in the queue, and then saw Gibbo's message about the gpu's not appearing....so ordered that separately

edit - sitting in "processing payment" - hmm hopefully this is just because OK UK themselves are swamped (totally understandably) , not my bank being difficult...

Last edited:
that is serious pc. are you just going to replace the cpu and mobo? is it 5yrs old? you may notice a reasonable improvement with a 3900x

Nah it's a new build, I've only powered it up to flash the BIOS so far.
I'll be dropping the 3900X into it.

When I'm happy it's all running nice and stable I'll decommission my old 5820k rig and sell it on to recoup some costs.

Soldato
I am going to go for the Ryzen 9,

Do you think there is much benefit in getting a new x570 board or stick to my current one

Depends what you are using it for - if its just gaming than unlikely to see any difference, but if you are using productivity tools as well and getting high speed SSD's as well might be of benefit

Caporegime
could do with some stickies listing the ins and outs of mobos to go with each cpu, ram thats worth getting and so on. which boards will need flashing to except new cpus.there is lots to clarify and it will help people on deciding what to buy.

Associate
Well i did it. I bought one of them. I didn't really know what combo I needed so ended up with
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core 4.4GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
  • Gigabyte X570 GAMING X (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard
  • Team Group Dark Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/Red

I'm hoping this isn't too bad a combo but my funds are limited to that price!

My GPU is a Sapphire 480 Nitro+, so getting a little old in the tooth I know. So hopefully the new kit will allow for some upgrade potential in the coming few years.

Soldato
I opted for 3600Mhz memory on the basis this is the recommended sweet spot before you go onto a 2:1 Infinity Fabric Divider. From the early benchmarks I've seen though there is very little (if anything) between 3200CL14 and 3600CL16 in gaming.

Associate
I think that build looks good motiv and similar to what I am looking at :)
Thanks Mr NinjaCool.

I've not really been in the loop on all of AMD for years after they became a bit poo for gaming. So I'm hoping what I've bought actually isn't laughed out of town by people who know their onions :)

So, it's a bit of the cheapo kit but not the cheapest kit :)

I'm less concerned and worried now that I know someone else might end up with the same stuff :D

OcUK Staff
I opted for 3600Mhz memory on the basis this is the recommended sweet spot before you go onto a 2:1 Infinity Fabric Divider. From the early benchmarks I've seen though there is very little (if anything) between 3200CL14 and 3600CL16 in gaming.

Those are the sweet spots, even better if you can do C14 at 3600MHz which we've achieve on some of the 8 Pack kits.
Once your into 2:1 Infinity Fabric Divider we find you need to push beyond 4600MHz to get performance back due to latency issues and 4600MHz memory kits are like another £100 expensive and they simply net you no additional performance, just a bigger hole in your wallet hence us saying the sweet spot is 3200-3600MHz which is good timing because RAM prices have more than halfed in recent months. :)

Back
Top Bottom