• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I'm going by hardware unboxed numbers not crappy techpowerup where a 9900k use the same power as a 9600k lol.
Hardware unboxed used non-TDP-restricted Intel CPUs in their review. Other websites may have left TDP-limiting enabled in the BIOS (which was the default for years until Intel hit 10nm issues).

Associate
Yeh went for a 3600 and 5700XT in the end after seeing derbauer's video on overclocking not being great (opted against 3700X).

I think I'll revisit the 3900X in 6 months when the price will have dropped a bit.

Nice dude, im tempted jump for the 3600 and an 5700 myself

Caporegime
Slightly disappointing Ryzen 3000 isn't closer to Intel in games, however 8% to the 9900K at 1080P is not far from what i was expecting, which was around 5%, at 1440P which with a 2080TI is a more realistic res for that GPU there is almost nothing in it.

Productivity the 3900X just destroys the 9900K and does that with far less power consumption, really really impressive.

Overall i think pretty good. :)

Soldato
Also worth noting that the poor memory write bandwidth that was seen in one of the leaked reviews was confirmed by Hardware Unboxed. They basically said the data bus width is halved for memory writes compared to reads, which was a decision AMD made because sequential memory writes are rarely used in consumer applications. I wonder if Threadripper 3 will use the same compromise or not.

Soldato
Did. It is still slower in all games. Not saying it’s bad, but if you want the absolute fastest gaming CPU it’s still not AMD. That’s fine though, just life.
It's not unplabale though, video says why would you need the absolute fastest, when for a saving you get negliable less? Who just games though? Most people sit there with 1000 chrome tabs open and god knows what else running, who benchs with all that guff lol ^_^

Back
Top Bottom