• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Soldato
Apparently overclocking was broken in the review drivers so hopefully that will be sorted out quickly before the AIB cards show up.

I wouldn't rate it based on reference design overclocking after looking at the thermals from that blower cooler :p

They already have a driver out that fixes the overclocking problem, just didn't make it to the reviewers on time. But, they still that there won't be that much headroom in them.

The problem with the Reference cooler been so poor is that the AIB cards will be that much more expensive.

Caporegime
Loss leaders, as Nv knew what was coming so clear the channel with old (well 6 moth old ) product for the new parts coming in. Next you`ll see deep discounts on RTX 2080, down to the replacement cards price point when they arrive. Nv are doing what Intel should have done and discount to match.

What 6 month old product are you talking about? The 2070 is ~9 months old.

Associate
Oh bless you, are you paid for attacking AMD the way you do in a performance bonus by your employer then. Navi isn`t that good? Beats a £600 RTX 2080 in BF:V but apparently that isnt good. Time to quite the internet and get some fresh air, son.

Hahahaha still on that horse then, BF:V is one game, you know 1 comes after zero. and as said once the AIB coolers get fitted and the price jumps up even worse for AMD and the hyped navi. founders edition coolers knock spots off the blowers and only a fool wouldn't see that.

Soldato
RTX 2070 on launch was £500+ for the available FE cards, these are more than £100 cheaper, so in that regard it has changed it. That and NV are in panic mode , by dumping 6 month old product (with on hand inventory as well ) and replacing it with binned product for less money. Job done by AMD then.

LOL. Nvidia in Panic mode. Man you really need to take those AMD tinted glasses off.

Soldato
What 6 month old product are you talking about? The 2070 is ~9 months old.

It's called fact twisting. He has been doing it this whole thread so far. Not sure why, the Navi cards are decent cards, just not great cards, poor cooling, poor pricing and no real features that makes it stand out over the current line up of Nvidia cards, who are in PANIC MODE apparently.

Soldato
Looks like I'm buying my third ever Nvidia GPU then going for a 2070 Super skipping the 5700XT

Just can't stomach another blower from AMD

So you've spent ages complaining about performance/$ of the 5700XT even after the price cut, so now you are going to buy a card that has worse performance/$. There's nothing wrong with buying the 2070S as there is no competition, but seems a bit hypocritical.

The non-blower cards will be out in a month if history is anything to go by.

Soldato
It's called fact twisting. He has been doing it this whole thread so far. Not sure why, the Navi cards are decent cards, just not great cards, poor cooling, poor pricing and no real features that makes it stand out over the current line up of Nvidia cards, who are in PANIC MODE apparently.

Oh bless you. I shall correct you then await your apology. The RTX 2060 was launched on Jan 15th 2019, that is 25 weeks ago or 5 months ago.

Edit: the RTX 2070 was launched October 17th 2018 - 38 weeks or 8 months ago

Last edited:
Associate
So you've spent ages complaining about performance/$ of the 5700XT, so now you are going to buy a card that has far worse performance/$.

The non-blower cards will be out in a month if history is anything to go by.

No he said he don't want a hair dryer hanging out the back of his PC and the AIB cards will be at the 2070s price point.

Soldato
No he said he don't want a hair dryer hanging out the back of his PC and the AIB cards will be at the 2070s price point.

You clearly haven't been following this guys posts. So don't just interject with a tangent.

Also why do you literally make things up?

So an AIB 5700XT will have a $100 premium? What world do you even live on. There's only one reason I can think of that you'd make such crap up.

Do you know how much an AIB 2070 is? Exactly MSRP. edit: In fact recently a bit below MSRP.

Soldato

I very much doubt that. AIB cards don't usually command £100 premium on AMD cards, £25/50 usually but they will most likely be faster as well bring them closer to the 2070s on performance while still being a good chunk cheaper. Just need to wait and see what these cards are capable of with decent coolers and proper software support when they arrive.

Soldato
I very much doubt that. AIB cards don't usually command £100 premium on AMD cards, £25/50 usually but they will most likely be faster as well bring them closer to the 2070s on performance while still being a good chunk cheaper. Just need to wait and see what these cards are capable of with decent coolers and proper software support when they arrive.

I just can't see it being ignorance when people post such rubbish. It's like they have literally entered the computing market and are making random guesses.

Associate
So an AIB 5700XT will have a $100 premium? What world do you even live on. There's only one reason I can think of that you'd make such crap up.

wait and see then, higher boost clocks, some 3 fan cooler and expect it to be a lot more. and he clearly states he cant put up with another AMD blower cooler. his money he buys what he wants.

Back
Top Bottom