• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

OcUK Staff
Interesting that Hardware Unboxed's very brief memory testing showed next to no difference going from 3200 CL14 to 3600 CL16.
Yes very little benefit now in this range... I liken it now to tuning Intel... Core, cache then memory...really wish Infinity fabric could go one on one really high as I am pretty sure this is what holds these cpus back. Hopefully the next tweak sees 2500mhz IF possible.

Seems on this gen almost zero improvement made to IF... While all other areas move forward significantly...

Associate
I've always owned Intel CPUs but might make the move to AMD for my next upgrade. Will wait a few months to let everything settle and then get the 3950x when it launches.

Having 16 cores on my desktop should be awesome.

OcUK Staff
When is 3900x actually in stock ?

Stock was due with us Friday, it failed to arrive so as its in transit one would expect it to arrive Monday, 3800X, 3700X and 3600X also on same shipment, but again we are relying on couriers and it seems whole of UK is in same situation with no one having anything above 3600 in stock for launch.

Associate
Gaming is a little disappointing but inline with expectations, kills at productivity though.

I ordered a 3900x anyhow. I'm looking at it in the same light as when I got my Intel Q6600. 4 cores seemed like overkill back then, definitely not the best value for money in games. But it lasted 5 years as my main gaming system and 12 years on it's still running as PC for the missus.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm at 1440p/165Hz, today I can buy Aorus Pro and 9700k for 500£ and have the best performance available.

Or buy 3700X and a B450 and save a little bit to have slightly inferior performance, hoping things will change in the future.

All I'm saying is that this is not an obvious choice (In my opinion).

Don't forget to factor in a cooler for the 9700k, you get one with the 3700x

Soldato
ASRock X570 Taichi + Ryzen 7 3700X ordered, now I just need to settle on the RAM. So, 3200MHz or 3600MHz, what's worth it, what's not?

3600 is the sweet spot.

Difference between it and 3200 as seen thus far in reviews is minimal.

Buy decent 3600 if you want to be in a position to run at or close to the maximum 1:1 Infinity Fabric divider. Anything more pushes you into a 2:1 divider which by all accounts does not look worth it.

Back
Top Bottom