Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Man of Honour
Still the same problem for the Dutch - they know how to manage the pitch but lack for a consistent finisher.

Permabanned
The BBC said they qualified because they were in the top 3, but as you say, they were 4th, so I don't understand it either.

Edit: found out it's because they're a top 3 European team.

Caporegime
That made the men's Champs League final look good.

Seriously, the standard was appalling.

Did the Dutch complete one successful pass in the 2nd half? I must have blinked and missed it.

Soldato
I just watched the whole thing on iplayer. Dutch goalkeeper was exceptional and the netherlands played excellent in defense.

The problem was they never really created any chances for a goal. They got the odd random shot on goal here and there but there was nothing being setup and their passing was shocking, they gifted the ball to the yanks so many times. Then when they were losing they lost their heads and left gaping holes at the back.

Pity, I was rooting for them, and with no goals in the first half I really thought they might stand a chance of winning.

Man of Honour
To be fair Dutch were giving it everything to stop the US just trampling on them - I thought strategically they did well to manage the US threat despite the poor stats I think it doesn't do them justice for the effort. They swapped to an attack heavy high risk strategy, hence the holes at the back, once they were behind which if they were actually a bad team would have seen the US put many many goals past them. The problem is they have no end product and some of their players like van de Sanden plainly don't have the self-belief to backup their actual abilities rendering them almost a waste on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom