• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to Cut Prices of its Desktop Processors by 15% in Response to Ryzen 3000

Caporegime
It's only strange because you're in a bubble, AMD and Intel are not, they know very well the biggest revenue (desktop wise) is in mid-low tier and profit is typically in other industries (server/business).

Soldato
Thread title:

Thread answer:

Intel pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase don't drop prices by 15% as you are worth it! If you cut prices we can't boast on forums we are better off than everyone else! You become better value and better value is for POOR people! We can't be associated with such riff-raff!!

Soldato
Well said, I'm thinking of getting a 9700k so I'm very grateful to AMD, long may it continue bringing sanity back to the CPU market. ;)

Wait a bit longer I say - I have been around long enough to see what happened since the first Athlon days when they both poked each other. I already noticed some Intel SKUs dropping in price slightly already! ;)

The Core i9 9900K needs a price cut,and I can't still believe Intel is charging so much just to switch on HT,so not sure what people defending the pricing of that does,apart from Intel keeping it high. Look at their laptop CPUs - all of the 6C and 8C models have SMT enabled. They are just on purpose screwing over desktop users for zero reason.

Associate
Wait a bit longer I say - I have been around long enough to see what happened since the first Athlon days when they both poked each other. I already noticed some Intel SKUs dropping in price slightly already! ;)

The Core i9 9900K needs a price cut,and I can't still believe Intel is charging so much just to switch on HT,so not sure what people defending the pricing of that does,apart from Intel keeping it high. Look at their laptop CPUs - all of the 6C and 8C models have SMT enabled. They are just on purpose screwing over desktop users for zero reason.
Even gibbo said why would they drop the price of the 9900k its still the king.

Associate
Thread title:

Thread answer:

Intel pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase don't drop prices by 15% as you are worth it! If you cut prices we can't boast on forums we are better off than everyone else! You become better value and better value is for POOR people! We can't be associated with such riff-raff!!

Oof I think this post says more about your frame of mind than anyone buying Intel.

Soldato
Oof I think this post says more about your frame of mind than anyone buying Intel.

Nah,it says as much about frame of mind than anyone else actually. You and your bunch of mates in a thread talking about 15% price cuts which would benefit Intel purchasers too,are trying your best to justify higher pricing.

See how you and your mates attack anyone who is interested in the market pricing being pushed downwards, and sideways supports those who justify higher market pricing. That is the problem with whales,the same mentality in PC gaming.

See,I told you - when you have people like banbom44 and B1gbeard begging that the price of the Core i9 9900K be kept high(in a thread about Intel looking to cut prices),retailers and Intel PR will quite happily keep pricing high for them. Laptop CPUs don't have an HT tax,as Intel hexa and octo core laptop CPUs all have HT. Only on desktop do we see a tax. The Core i9 9900K is overpriced in the new market,but don't worry people like banbom44 and B1gbeard will fall on their swords to justifty it.

Last edited:
Associate
Nah,it says as much about frame of mind than anyone else actually. You and your bunch of mates in a thread talking about 15% price cuts which would benefit Intel purchasers too,are trying your best to justify higher pricing.

See how you and your mates attack anyone who is interested in the market pricing being pushed downwards, and sideways supports those who justify higher market pricing. That is the problem with whales,the same mentality in PC gaming.

Whoa there nelly you need to get off the Intel hate juice chum. I have no idea what you are going on about. Who has said they want Intel prices to stay higher?

Soldato
Whoa there nelly you need to get off the Intel hate juice chum. I have no idea what you are going on about. Who has said they want Intel prices to stay higher?

Whoa there nelly you need to get off the "begging companies to charge more" love juice chum.

Now its Intel hate - you are doing everything in your power to justify the Core i9 9900K price. Now you are accusing anyone calling out the Core i9 9900K pricing as an Intel hater??

So again why are YOU excuse making in a thread for a bunch of posters,who have done everything to jusitify the current Core i9 9900K pricing as fine,even to the level of implying "people can't afford it and I can" like nhornby51743.

In a thread about Intel price cuts.

Edit!!

Plus some of you lot cannot learn from history. Same lot of people begged Nvidia to jack prices up,then AMD followed suited and now we have a **** GPU market.

Don't worry all the whales can beg for the Core i9 9900K pricing to stay at its current levels. AMD can then also jack prices up next gen too when they up clockspeeds,and people here then will moan about consoles and mainstream people holding back "PC Gaming" a few years from now.

Last edited:
Associate
See,I told you - when you have people like banbom44 and B1gbeard begging that the price of the Core i9 9900K be kept high(in a thread about Intel looking to cut prices),retailers and Intel PR will quite happily keep pricing high for them. Laptop CPUs don't have an HT tax,as Intel hexa and octo core laptop CPUs all have HT. Only on desktop do we see a tax. The Core i9 9900K is overpriced in the new market,but don't worry people like banbom44 and B1gbeard will fall on their swords to justifty it.

The sheer power of the 3900x must have opened a rift in time and space and you are reading an alternate forum poor lamb, where people are begging for the 9900k to stay at a higher price because it ain’t happening in this one. Unless you can find quotes of course.

Associate
Whoa there nelly you need to get off the "begging companies to charge more" love juice chum.

Now its Intel hate - you are doing everything in your power to justify the Core i9 9900K price. Now you are accusing anyone calling out the Core i9 9900K pricing as an Intel hater??

So again why are YOU excuse making a thread for a bunch of posters,who have done everything to jusitify the current Core i9 9900K pricing as fine,even to the level of implying "they can't afford it" like nhornby51743.

I never did that though. Before you went bat **** I just pointed out your post was a bit childish, which it was. If Intel drop the prices then awesome as far as I am concerned.

Maybe take a breath before you post in future.

Soldato
The sheer power of the 3900x must have opened a rift in time and space and you are reading an alternate forum poor lamb, where people are begging for the 9900k to stay at a higher price because it ain’t happening in this one. Unless you can find quotes of course.
I never did that though. Before you went bat **** I just pointed out your post was a bit childish, which it was. If Intel drop the prices then awesome as far as I am concerned.

Literally you missed people justifying the prices of the Core i9 9900K as fine in the last few pages(or calling out people as poor which was childish),and then got annoyed when I took the **** out of them,and then when ******* like a poor lamb,and childishly called people Intel haters,and then pretend to act there was no talk here. Maybe take a breath before you post in future and read a thread.

Associate
I've never really gotten any fanboy stuff for any product. I always make informed decisions based on my needs, bang for buck or just for the hell of it cause I like it.

I've had Intel cpus mainly, but that's where the performance has been for almost any scenario recently until zen came along. But I had athlon 64s back in the day and I'm now moving over to a zen 3700x as it suits my needs as I dont just use my pc for gaming anymore. I do a bit of work, video editing etc and I want a smaller rig so I'm doing a mini itx build.

Moving from a i7 7700k atx btw

Associate
Literally you missed people justifying the prices of the Core i9 9900K as fine in the last few pages(or calling out people as poor which was childish),and then got annoyed when I took the **** out of them,and then when ******* like a poor lamb,and childishly called people Intel haters,and then pretend to act there was so talk here. Maybe take a breath before you post in future and read a thread.

Looking back at the person in question posts, he said he would rather pay the same for a 9900k for the FPS increase. Even with the best will in the world that’s not begging for Intel to keep the prices higher. Misguided when looking at the full package maybe.

I couldn’t care less what he said though tbh. My point was that your post was childish, which it was. Then you just accused me of made up stuff.

Anyway let’s hope we do see a price drop.

Soldato
The Core i9 9900K price here - its literally the Core i7 9700K with no HT. None of the Intel laptop hexa and octa cores now have HT disabled. How the heck can anyone defend this part in 2019?? Why are gamers being charged an HT tax in 2019??

Look at the Ryzen 7 3800X,it literally makes no sense as a part,except if it makes up the few percent it looses to the Core i9 9900K. It exists because of stupid Core i9 9900K pricing. A Core i9 9900K is £130 more than a Ryzen 7 3700X,ie,41% more for what 5%,10%,etc. No stock cooler,so that has to be added. No upgrade path to newer CPUs. No PCI-E 4.0,which I thought people wanting "ultimate future performance" would want,and more expensive motherboards if you don't want PCI-E 4.0,yet 41% more,for that few percent.

Intel cutting the Core i9 9900K by 15% would place it at £380,which would be closer to the actual performance difference in gaming.

Plus,it would also be closer to the price of CPUs like the Core i7 8700K.

Caporegime
The Core i9 9900K price here - its literally the Core i7 9700K with no HT. None of the Intel laptop hexa and octa cores now have HT disabled. How the heck can anyone defend this part in 2019?? Why are gamers being charged an HT tax in 2019??

Look at the Ryzen 7 3800X,it literally makes no sense as a part,except if it makes up the few percent it looses to the Core i9 9900K. It exists because of stupid Core i9 9900K pricing. A Core i9 9900K is £130 more than a Ryzen 7 3700X,ie,41% more for what 5%,10%,etc. No stock cooler,so that has to be added. No upgrade path to newer CPUs. No PCI-E 4.0,which I thought people wanting "ultimate future performance" would want,and more expensive motherboards if you don't want PCI-E 4.0,yet 41% more,for that few percent.

Intel cutting the Core i9 9900K by 15% would place it at £380,which would be closer to the actual performance difference in gaming.

Plus,it would also be closer to the price of CPUs like the Core i7 8700K.

£425 its £500 - 15% = £425

If they did that the 9700K would have to be £310, the 9600K £198 assuming just a 10% drop for that.

If Intel did that AMD would drop the 3600 to £170, the 3700X to £280, the 3900X to £410..... and Intel are right back to where they started, more expensive for lower productivity performance, higher power consumption and similar gaming performance for more money than AMD while also losing the revenue from the price cuts.

I doubt they will move the prices, Intel don't want to engage in a price war.

Soldato
I doubt they will move the prices, Intel don't want to engage in a price war.

They can easily move the prices unofficially through retailer rebates, and kick backs though. Pushing the in-store and online prices down, heck even this place have the 9900K at an almost cheap price compared with the competition, and crucially below the $:£ + VAT price, which is unheard of before this week.

I think you'll see some price drops within 8-10 weeks, on the 8 core parts, £279-289 for the 3700X, and £339 for the 3800X. Also a possibility of the 3900X down to £429-449, and the 3600X down to £219.

Caporegime
They can easily move the prices unofficially through retailer rebates, and kick backs though. Pushing the in-store and online prices down, heck even this place have the 9900K at an almost cheap price compared with the competition, and crucially below the $:£ + VAT price, which is unheard of before this week.

I think you'll see some price drops within 8-10 weeks, on the 8 core parts, £279-289 for the 3700X, and £339 for the 3800X. Also a possibility of the 3900X down to £429-449, and the 3600X down to £219.

How does that change anything i said?

Back
Top Bottom