Cola

Associate
Have to agree that Pepsi Max is the tastiest. It's surely far more popular than the cherry version - I've found Pepsi Max to be low or out of stock several times while the Cherry Pepsi Max shelf is practically overflowing. Personally I hate the latter and it seems I'm not alone.

I seem to go through cycles of addiction to Pepsi Max, sometimes ending up drinking 2L+ of it a day in busy high stress times. I know it's filth and am glad to currently be detoxing from it on my week off.

Soldato
I've been calling Pepsi MAX ambrosia for years. It's my favourite soft drink and nectar of the gods.

Last time I had it Tesco Xero cola was very nice. BARR also do a Cola you can find in Farmfoods, 2 bottles for £1.50 and it's very nice too.

These days I mostly drink water with 1 or 2 cups of coffee or tea in the evening. Prices went up in 2016 after Brexit vote, no more £1 bottles of 2L Pepsi MAX from ASDA, and despite being sugar free after the sugar tax prices went up again.

I need to amend this. I bought some of the Tesco Xero cola yesterday that I mentioned in my previous and quoted reply and it's nothing like I remember, it's actually very very meh, tastes flat, very little fizz.

Soldato
Pepsi Max raspberry also just arrived in my local Asda, only in 1.5L bottles mind, although currently discounted so it is actually cheaper by volume than a 2L bottle of the normal stuff. Agree it is absolutely fantastic. My patented watering down method also works with this, half a glass of Raspberry and half of normal pepsi max, and the flavour hardly diminishes at all. Might do be doing this regularly if it stays in 1.5L bottles long term.

Associate
Is it actually classed as a cola though? also you should be busying playing Sekiro by now.
So according to Quora its not a cola, you learn something new every day.
Let's just agree that it's the king of soft drinks.
Also, does this make you my first stalker?

Soldato
So according to Quora its not a cola, you learn something new every day.
Let's just agree that it's the king of soft drinks.
Also, does this make you my first stalker?

Looks that way doesn't it, but no, I've posted in here previously ;) now stop wasting time and go save Japan. And Pepsi MAX is best.

Associate
You could have played along, having a stalker was doing wonders for my ego.
Pepsi max can have the top cola spot, sure, but the one and only king is Dr. pepper.
Will go and buy Sekiro now, thanks for getting me back on track.

Caporegime
Just had a diet coke. It tasted very watery and sweetenery and the aftertaste left in my mouth is reminiscent of chewing gum which you have chewed for far too long. Not the best!

Man of Honour
OP
Had some Fettimans curiosity cola the other day. Hmm sort of tasted like the cola bottle sweets. Was alright. Still a Pepsi Max man <3

Caporegime
Not many ginger flavoured drinks available here that don't fit into the health/lifestyle bracket hence a ludicrous premium.
Pepsi Max Ginger has satiated my cravings :p
Of all the Zero sugar cola drinks Pepsi is miles ahead of the others on taste and consistency.

Caporegime
i bought a bottle of fentimans i remember having it 5 years ago or around then. will see what the new one tastes like but pepsi is the clear winner for taste. the green coke was good don't see it much anywhere now. it used stevia.

irn bru was king until they changed the recipe. in fact most recipes have now changed. the sugar tax needs to go. if people can't understand fizzy drinks are full of sugar then tbh they deserve the consequences. rubicon mango tastes awful now, need to buy deluxe to get the old recipe which still doesn't feel quite right but much better than the new recipe.

Not many ginger flavoured drinks available here that don't fit into the health/lifestyle bracket hence a ludicrous premium.
Pepsi Max Ginger has satiated my cravings :p
Of all the Zero sugar cola drinks Pepsi is miles ahead of the others on taste and consistency.

asda now do a still ginger in their fridge "fruit juice not from concentrate" range and it's £1 per litre.

i mainly drink it with vodka / rhubarb and ginger gin rather than on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom