• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Out of curiosity what motherboards did people with the 3900x get? I've been struggling to buy either a b450(MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC) or x570 (Gigabyte AMD X570 AORUS ELITE) but I keep hearing people talk about possible motherboard fan failures with the x570

I wouldn't worry too much about fan failures, they're pretty rare and I'd assume the chipset would just throttle if it got hot.

Soldato
Have we seen anything about 3800X yet? I haven't found anything of note.

Interested how it compares to the 3700x in gaming given the very similar performance between 3700X and 3900X.

Soldato
Again I'm talking about powerful hardware and not some crap that barely runs Microsoft office and web browser.

What like all our desktops and laptops at work that run 8th and 9th gen Intel CPUs you mean with 8-16gb ram? Take my Dell XPS 15 for instance, i7 6c/12t 16gb of 2666mhz ram and a 1050ti and it will never see a game in its life, as it's strictly used for business work.

We have 50+ of these, and another 150+ of i5 / i7 of the previous gen in laptops and desktops.

And that's on one site, some of our other parts of the business service over 1100 client devices all with the same Dell hardware, so no, gamers are not a majority, they are infact a minority by a huge margin.

Would we move to AMD Zen for our desktops? The minute Dell start selling us them we will, likewise for Laptops..

The average price of our heavily discounted and I do mean heavily discounted dell laptops are £1000, with many going into the £1500 region, this is after discount and without tax.

So yeah, we use high end parts for everyday business use.

Watch how much easier it is to work with SQL databases while having 6 other apps open, a few RDP sessions, email, frame grab software, and various websites open, plus AD etc with a high end i7 Vs an i3.

When you know what your actually talking abkit please do continue

Associate
Taichi (pre) ordered, just need to finish planning the rest of the build. My 2700k system is a bit unwell so looking forward to a new build, although wallet is not...

Soldato
Wendell from Level1 is off t buy one today.

Seems that's the only CPU not really sent out to reviewers.

Cheers I'll keep an eye out...

I'm thinking it's probably not going to show any real benefit over the 3700x when PBO etc is taken into account.... puts it in a funny spot. Seems likely that the real choice will be 3600 for most sensible people, 3700x for enthusiasts that mainly game, and 3900x for people that do more than just game and can use the extra cores. Not sure where the value proposition for the 3800X comes in that scenario.

Soldato
For many intel fanboys the day has come.
d7f282fe083f0e956a361bd0dd3ccc4c77e9b041d7c23c34969d8965ea211759.png

Associate
What like all our desktops and laptops at work that run 8th and 9th gen Intel CPUs you mean with 8-16gb ram? Take my Dell XPS 15 for instance, i7 6c/12t 16gb of 2666mhz ram and a 1050ti and it will never see a game in its life, as it's strictly used for business work.

We have 50+ of these, and another 150+ of i5 / i7 of the previous gen in laptops and desktops.

And that's on one site, some of our other parts of the business service over 1100 client devices all with the same Dell hardware, so no, gamers are not a majority, they are infact a minority by a huge margin.

Would we move to AMD Zen for our desktops? The minute Dell start selling us them we will, likewise for Laptops..

The average price of our heavily discounted and I do mean heavily discounted dell laptops are £1000, with many going into the £1500 region, this is after discount and without tax.

So yeah, we use high end parts for everyday business use.

Watch how much easier it is to work with SQL databases while having 6 other apps open, a few RDP sessions, email, frame grab software, and various websites open, plus AD etc with a high end i7 Vs an i3.

When you know what your actually talking abkit please do continue

all that hardware just sitting there doing nearly nothing.. what a waste...
could be doing mining at least lol....

Back
Top Bottom