• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
all that hardware just sitting there doing nearly nothing.. what a waste...
could be doing mining at least lol....

Not exactly doing nothing, clients whine terribly if they have any performance issues on their hardware, the biggest complainers we have all use Surface Pros lol.

We have 40gb fibre backbone with a lag to our core switches and then out to edge switches etc, our network is ludicrously fast and we recently swapped all our NAS to 12gb SAS drives and run a pure VMware server stack. Everything is ultra responsive, so you notice very quickly when client hardware lags behind.

Pretty sure Gibbo and 8pack will tell you, business customers pay a lot of money for extremely high end builds for every inch of performance to keep their customers happy.

Not a single game in sight either, unless it's Solitaire haha

Soldato
Loads of us will find out tomorrow.

Pretty sure if you checked their site, when I ordered mine from there it had an RRP of £350 with a strike through and the sale price of £250... So it definitely appeared as it was listed correctly with a huge discount.

My theory is either they have a deal going with Asrock, or they are willing to take a hit in the hopes they get people buying more than just a motherboard there, as word of mouth on that particular sale has spread like wildfire and I can imagine has driven a ton of customers to the site

Soldato
Currently rocking a 2700x. Are any of these new cpu’s much of an upgrade?

I have an x470 mobo.

Zen2 by itself is an upgrade over Zen+, I have beentold on average 20-30%?

Now whether that increase is deemed a worthy upgrade in your eyes only you can answer that

For me coming from Zen1 1700 yes it's a huge upgrade, I'm hoping to get 600mhz of Zen2 over my 3.8ghz Zen1

Should be a decent upgrade

Associate
So i have gone for the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro and a ryzen 3800x. I am hoping that the 3800x will be binned better than the 3700x and so may overclock slightly better. I would have liked to get the Aorus master but to be quite honest could not justify the extra money. and VERY VERY nearly paid the extra £100 for the 3900x. But looking at the benchmarks between the 3700x and 3900x in games their seems to be pretty much any negligable difference so did not see the point in the 3900x for my use.

Soldato
The same :p I was content with a Gigabyte Aorus Elite but so many people jumping at that board made me do this same. If I get it, cool, if I don't I'll take the Aorus.

I'll be checking my phone a lot tomorrow checking emails :D

Probably best to sit tight just in case it’s a mistake. Once delivered it’s yours.

Soldato
Probably best to sit tight just in case it’s a mistake. Once delivered it’s yours.

As I've said above I don't think it's a mistake, their website had an RRP listed with a strike through, and the sale price at £250 delivered.

Myself and my brother both bought them, they will have a ton of unhappy customers if it turns out to be a mistake.

Can't see why they would list the actual RRP then heavily discount it to shift units if they wasn't going to honour it, it would ruin their credibility

Infact j just had another look and ALL their Asrock X570 range all have discounts from RRP, something tells me that's a promotion, or someone messed up their website lol

Associate
Spanish article here:
https://www.xanxogaming.com/reviews...s_WHEA_PCI_Express_en_tarjetas_NVIDIA_GeForce

Comments from le Reddit:

"Driver level errors associated with either the PCI Express bus and/or Nvidia GPUs may have prevented the chips from boosting properly - which was interesting because several reviewers today commented on not hitting advertised boosts. The author observed this behavior on both Gigabyte and MSI boards but only with Nvidia cards and at least for their own work decided it was sufficient enough to warrant not publishing any FPS benchmarks until sorted out."

"This is huge dude, he said he got boost to 4.65 GHz with the older 1.0.0.2 bios, even though PBO did not work on that BIOS. The newer 1.0.0.2 (NPRP press code) & 1.0.0.3AB BIOS were limiting his boost to 4.35 GHz
The driver WHEA errors seem to be unrelated and are a nVidia specific problem. They are probably still causing slowdown in benchmarks."

Thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cacasv/very_interesting_writeup_of_an_issue_that_may/

Soldato
Spanish article here:
https://www.xanxogaming.com/reviews...s_WHEA_PCI_Express_en_tarjetas_NVIDIA_GeForce

Comments from le Reddit:

"Driver level errors associated with either the PCI Express bus and/or Nvidia GPUs may have prevented the chips from boosting properly - which was interesting because several reviewers today commented on not hitting advertised boosts. The author observed this behavior on both Gigabyte and MSI boards but only with Nvidia cards and at least for their own work decided it was sufficient enough to warrant not publishing any FPS benchmarks until sorted out."

"This is huge dude, he said he got boost to 4.65 GHz with the older 1.0.0.2 bios, even though PBO did not work on that BIOS. The newer 1.0.0.2 (NPRP press code) & 1.0.0.3AB BIOS were limiting his boost to 4.35 GHz
The driver WHEA errors seem to be unrelated and are a nVidia specific problem. They are probably still causing slowdown in benchmarks."

Thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cacasv/very_interesting_writeup_of_an_issue_that_may/

Why doesn't AMD check all this properly before a launch??

You've got to wonder why no-one tested a Ryzen CPU with a Navi GPU.
Anyone that did probably did so as a GPU bench and not CPU, so probably paid zero attention to CPU clocks.
If that Reddit is representative of what is actually happening, there'll be a lot of head scratching once the problem is resolved.

Soldato
Incidentally a lot of sites tested the x570 Taichi with Bios 1.30, Asrock have 1.40 Available on their site and also 1.41 beta bios, probably worth checking what bios version you have when your board turns up, pretty sure 1.30 contains the newest agesa and also Zen2 support oddly enough

Back
Top Bottom