What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) - 9/10

Another superb production from Marvel. The action scenes are fast paced and energetic, the special effects are brilliant and the jokes and humour are funny and well balanced.

The story is good and has enough surprises along the way to keep your interest, and the acting and music is also good.

It labours the stereotypes and landmarks on the school trip
and the memorial to Tony Stark
a bit too much, but it does make sense in the bigger picture.

Although he’s a markedly different version of the web-slinging hero from those who came before, this iteration of Spiderman is lots of fun and enjoyable to watch.

Associate
Just watched "Get Out". Found it quite enjoyable overall. It reminded me a lot of the following film:
The Skeleton Key. Been a long long time since I watched this, but I think it was actually more enjoyable than Get Out.

Associate
Midsommar (2019) - 8/10

A memorable and sometimes shocking experience which is very artistic in style and presentation with lots of colour and powerful sounds.

The story means it has more than a few similarities to other films of the genre, but has a fresh approach to them thanks to the Swedish setting and folklore.

It’s not as horrific as it could have been, having a constantly unsettling feeling throughout instead, but the emotional acting and subject matter more than make up for it.

Soldato
Spirited Away, 9/10 really loved this movie. The plot would never get made in the West, but I loved it. The lack of exposition the periods of quiet, the central character who brings everything with them no need for false growth.

I love the Studio Ghibli movies and have watched 6 or 7 and have another 6 or 7 on the shelf waiting. No doubt I’ll have bought and watched the whole lot by Xmas.

Soldato
Brightburn -

Not a bad film. I found the premise interesting, but felt that the execution could have been improved upon. Specifically, secondary character development and a little more insight into the motivations of the antagonist. Although a sequel would potentially build upon the latter, I personally feel as though it should be left as a stand-alone film; films of this nature tend to devolve and become more subtracted from the original subject matter with every iteration.

6.5/10

Acting - 7
Story / Premise - 7
Characterisation - 6
Style - 6

Soldato
I watched "Dantes Inferno" the animated movie that was branded by EA weirdly.

Anyway, I absolutely loved it. For example, each act in the movie is illustrated in a different way. Just that alone kept me interested.

Its a bit simple but still very fun.

Associate
Anna (2019) - 7/10

Unoriginal to a fault, but thanks to the strong lead, good supporting cast and entertaining scenes, Anna’s still a good film.

It lacks suspense and depth in both the story and action scenes, which are too few and far between, but other than that, it was quite enjoyable.

It’s a bit too long due to all the flashbacks and recaps, but is still relatively smart and held my attention until the end.

Associate
Alita: Battle Angel (2019). Watching knowing nothing about this and rather quite enjoyed it. Some good action scenes, a couple of predictable but enjoyable plot developments.

7 out of 10

Soldato
What a weird film! Not what I was expecting at all but I'm glad I watched it, I thought it was quite a sad film. The fight with the big foot has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen too!
I know!!! I'm glad you watched it, I think so many people are put off by the title they give it a miss.

Yea it's a pretty sad movie as he is always fighting his inner demons.

I really enjoyed the fight as well :D

Back
Top Bottom