Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Just google'd sweet baby rays to see prices in the UK at the moment and noticed the first ingredient on the ingredients list is high fructose corn syrup :rolleyes:

And they claim it's a family recipe, does anyone use HFCS in the home??

Really popular in America. Available in most grocery stores.

Soldato
Oh sweet lord. Never been a massive fan of BBQ sauce. Usually always prefer something else. However I read this thread a while ago and happened upon some Sweet Baby Ray's in Tescos, I thought why not? So bought a bottle. And wowee this stuff is great. Really nice tang to it. Thanks for recommending it :)

Caporegime
i got 7 bottles for 90p each, with a short date, 3 months left on it..... Im pretty sure i can manage those 3 months, its going to be delicious.
The guy at the checkout thought i was weird. 7 bottles of sauce and 1 packet of spare ribs :p

35ki7AO.jpg

oh i totally read the date wrong ive got 1 week till expiry date, so 1 month or so to eat all this :p
i foresee a lot of marinating.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don’t worry about the date. It’ll keep for ages.

I mean.. we don’t even keep our mayo in the fridge after opening (even though it advises to)

Soldato
Baby Ray - a sauce to rule them all ?

Have run out of lifes supply of HP sauce , we usually use polyvalent HP with dishes like Mac'n'Cheese / corned-beef hash / kedgeree ...
will Baby Ray meet those needs ?, if not what ....

Soldato
- guess not if its strong BBQ flavour / even designated for marrinades.

...some brown sauce research - the Irish seem to have a highly regarded brown sauce 'Chefs' but difficult to get in the UK,
no anchovies, which I learned is in HP (knew it was in Worcestershire)

Back
Top Bottom