Spider-Man: Far From Home

Associate
Liked it a lot. Mysterio has always been cool to me, and it was just such an easy watch.

Missed this credits scene though, had to run to the van, ticket was half an hour expired!

Associate
I went to watch this yesterday and being Spiderman fan,I just kept on smiling throughout the whole film.
Lot of nice easter eggs and
it was nice it can catch people that don't do a bit of research on who "Mysterio" is and what he's about can catch people off guard.
My GF was definitely caught off-guard as she didn't do any background check on Mysterio.
Spoiler talk of post-credit:
Love the J.K Simmon easter egg at the end, the only man that can be Jameson.
Interest to know what's going to happen next as Spiderman is now going back to Sony in property which i'm assuming Disney Marvel Studio won't be the ones producing the next one?
Are they going to make Spider-man a standalone franchise again and separate his involvement from the mcU and introduce venom and the Sinister six(rumoured to happen still?)?

Associate
the fact that Talos didn’t raise any objection or tell him he was talking rubbish says there is a Multiverse.
I'm pretty sure there will be as well - just made me chuckle that this wasn't the film to actively bring it in as such. Mysterio even said something about it wanting to be what people wanted to hear at the time. Thought it was quite clever.

And we already have multiverse Coulson and co.

Caporegime
I thought this was a big revelation, as the movies indicate that people did literally appear back where they were dusted.

Which brings along all sorts of problems, such as people that were on airplanes, people who were on boats in the middle of the ocean, people in the middle of having sex! etc etc

Associate
I went to watch this yesterday and being Spiderman fan,I just kept on smiling throughout the whole film.
Spoiler talk of post-credit:
Love the J.K Simmon easter egg at the end, the only man that can be Jameson.
Interest to know what's going to happen next as Spiderman is now going back to Sony in property which i'm assuming Disney Marvel Studio won't be the ones producing the next one?
Are they going to make Spider-man a standalone franchise again and separate his involvement from the mcU and introduce venom and the Sinister six(rumoured to happen still?)?

My thoughts on those raised points:

I doubt that Spiderman will be isolated out from the MCU, as despite the success of Venom, it's technically still unproven how an interaction entirely devoid of the MCU components would leave a Spider-Man film at this time. If anything, Sony should know that by working out a trade with Disney is heavily beneficial for them, since it also allows Sony to keep referencing the MCU films and material and have free "backstory" done for them to just plug away at stories they don't need to write the backstory to. So again, I doubt Sony wants to kill their Golden Goose unnecessarily by isolating Spider-Man and not sharing with Disney in that factor. Too many uncertainties to progress full steam ahead. Once a successful movie has been done that crosses Spider-Man and other Sony controlled properties occur, then it's open season. Until then, it's sharing with Disney still I think. :)

Associate
I thought this was a big revelation, as the movies indicate that people did literally appear back where they were dusted.

Which brings along all sorts of problems, such as people that were on airplanes, people who were on boats in the middle of the ocean, people in the middle of having sex! etc etc

My thoughts on this:

I wouldn't overthink it to be honest. I know in Spider-Man that we had people come back from the Blip still doing what they were doing. But we have no idea on the wish that Hulk made. Bring people back. Sure, but what else? He did say he tried really hard to bring Natasha back, but the Gauntlet wouldn't have it. Why and How? Why did he try to bring her back in the middle of his own snap but not do a second snap after realising the Gauntlet wouldn't/couldn't do it? How would he know it didn't/wouldn't work until it was done (the snap)? Most likely because of some other macguffin involved that gave him the knowledge that it was so, and so Hulk probably could have blipped everyone back onto a safe location as well, just still doing what they were doing.

Again, best not to overthink it, because the writers can give any reason they want/like at this point, and it'll be valid. Just accept it as it is.

Soldato
I really enjoyed it went to a late showing last night and basically had the cinema to ourselves. Was nice and lighthearted and had us laughing throughout. Just what was needed after End Game

Caporegime
I think I was too old for this one. At just the wrong side of 40, I've never felt out of place watching an MCU film at the cinema but I did with this. :p

I went on the opening day and it was full of teenagers straight out of school.

Most of them were really well behaved to be fair, and the way they reacted to some of the events (mainly the credit stings) elicited audible gasps.

They've grown up with these movies are seem more invested than me, and i'm a big fan of the MCU.

Associate
Not for me this one. Felt like one of those teen disney programs. Excellent visuals and that's about it. Story was barely entertaining and MJ is just terrible. Ned and his girlfriend were cringey.

They even ruined happy.

Bottom third of the marvel films for me, but the quality of competition is high. 5/10

Soldato
Film was a complete mess. It just felt as if the movie was trying to explain what had happened and what was going on and why.

Shame this could have been epic as it had a National Lampoon's Vacation vib and a cool soundtrack. I also really like Tom as Spiderman. It's kinda the opposite of the C.Marvel movie. I kinda liked the movie but not C.Marvel.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Not for me this one. Felt like one of those teen disney programs. Excellent visuals and that's about it. Story was barely entertaining and MJ is just terrible. Ned and his girlfriend were cringey.

They even ruined happy.

Bottom third of the marvel films for me, but the quality of competition is high. 5/10

Agreed, worst film of the marvel universe so far. Tedius teen movie.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yes, because every school trip movie has a super hero in that has been in about 3/4 movies before this one.

/next

Associate
Went this morning. VIP seat for free thanks to my Lloyds Club thingy. Just me and a woman with her two (well behaved!) kids.
I liked it. I wasn't clued up on the Mysterio thing but assumed he was a bad egg.
Deffo not as serious as the last couple of Avengers films but I didn't feel that this had to be. I also liked the last Ant Man film too though...

Back
Top Bottom