• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Point is the supply is not ample, far from it, if our additional 200 does not land, we shall be out of stock. I am sure most competitors have PO's in place for vastly larger quantities than what they got just like us, so the product is indeed quite short, the USA is sold out, says it all really.

Nope, this CPU seems to be not to be seen anywhere, not seen any reviews or shipments of stock at all, but we have so many AMD shipment notifications it is very hard to keep track of them all.

AMD playing intel's supply shortage game now gibbo?

Soldato
Point is the supply is not ample, far from it, if our additional 200 does not land, we shall be out of stock. I am sure most competitors have PO's in place for vastly larger quantities than what they got just like us, so the product is indeed quite short, the USA is sold out, says it all really.

Doesn't everyone want to be the company that holds the most stock on release day? It was a silly idea doing a Sunday release, but unlike an Intel release where you claimed to be holding the only stock in the UK, this one even Joe Bloggs shop has some stock even if it was 10-20 units. Add up all those smaller concerns and you get an idea how many more CPU's were available to everyone not just bigger concerns. Not everyone buys from the same place, and if one place doesn't have it someone else will. Glad to see it is going well though. :)

Associate
looks like I won't get my CPU or Mobo tomorrow as DPD seemingly want to deliver my package to my work address 2 hours after we will be closed for the day.

Never had so many delivery issues until this week. Will stick to the rainforest if this continues

Associate
I dont think any of us will get it. They're probably drafting the cancellation emails.

Will be happy if wrong though.

Dunno, think it would have happened by now if so.

Looks to me like they either had a deal with Asrock or decided to go with a loss leader to drive other sales. It was up an awful long time to be a balls up.

Incidentally its still much cheaper than OCUK somewhere else which I wont name (not £240 cheap though, and pre-order as per).

Soldato
Associate
I called to question stock of the 3800x, the guy seemed to be quite annoyed i was asking and couldn't be bothered to talk to me. Maybe stressed who knows.

But if i had not already had placed an order last night i would not be placing a order today and would have gone elsewhere. Not what i was expecting with spending nearly £1k

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Is anyone considering upgrading from a 2700x to a 3700x/3800x?

Purely for gaming.

Spent a couple of hours in the past 24 trying to catch up with this thread and I’m after the same.

Is there any point upgrading from a decent 2700X/2080Ti combo for 4K/60, using my existing B-die 3200/CL14, or would I be better off just picking up another 2080Ti and going down the NVlink route instead?

Answers on a postcard please. :D

Soldato
Spent a couple of hours in the past 24 trying to catch up with this thread and I’m after the same.

Is there any point upgrading from a decent 2700X/2080Ti combo for 4K/60, using my existing B-die 3200/CL14, or would I be better off just picking up another 2080Ti and going down the NVlink route instead?

Answers on a postcard please. :D

Different benchmarks show different results. Some show minimums in certain games are about 15fps difference.

This one for example shows a decent perf difference from 2700x to 3700x.

Soldato
Question for a mate of mine.

He has a 2700x in a matx case. It's a 105w TDP cpu and the cooler he has seems to be struggling. It ramps up and down making a right racket.

The 3700x is attractive to him as it's 65w and I assumed would run cooler. However this benchmark makes it look like the 3700x runs hotter!

Back
Top Bottom