• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Caporegime
On the watercooled review posted above, the clocks are hovering constantly on 2100 range, with just +50% PL. No undervolting etc.
Thats a hefty difference from the 1755 game clock!!!! Roughly +20%

You had some reviews where clocks were sitting at 1900Mhz though.

Ideally we need someone to run a tweaked 5700XT against a 2070 Super.

If 2.1Ghz could be had on say the Morpheus and that resulted in above stock 2070 Super performance then I'd be happy with that.

I'm tempted to order a 5700XT don't get me wrong. But only because I'm disappointed by the review set ups

Soldato
I'm more interested to know of the existing 3rd party aftermarket graphic cooler like the Icy Vision rev.2 and/or the Corsair HG10 A1 that was compatible with the 290/290x would be compatible with Navi cards (screw holes alignment etc).

I got the Icy Vision rev.2 cooler, and also the Corsair HG10 A1 with a H105 AIO still attached on my 290x that's not in use, would be interesting see how the 5700XT REALLY perform when performance is not limited by the temp.

Oooo.....thats a nice thought, undervolting AND a decent cooler

Soldato
You had some reviews where clocks were sitting at 1900Mhz though.

Ideally we need someone to run a tweaked 5700XT against a 2070 Super.

If 2.1Ghz could be had on say the Morpheus and that resulted in above stock 2070 Super performance then I'd be happy with that.

I'm tempted to order a 5700XT don't get me wrong. But only because I'm disappointed by the review set ups

As soon as the Anniversary edition arrives, I will run thorough tests and post settings and results with the blower cooler. :)

Unfortunately the German website testing undervolting, uses a 1950X. Not the best CPU to push the scores :( However it shows 13% higher score on Timespy by mild undervolting.

And on same setup the 2070S doing 10000 GPU score, while mild undervolted blower 5700X does 9861. And that's timespy. A benchmark optimized for Pascal DX12 execution pipeline.

Last edited:
Associate
Btw has anyone made a close observation on Gamers Nexus 0.1% an 1% Low FPS?
On some games like F1 2018 the difference between 5700XT and 2070S is almost 30FPS in favour to 5700XT!!!!!!
Even heavily overclocked 2070S is 20FPS behind on the low end, let alone the 1080Ti.

Yeah i noticed that, im a bit of a novice when it comes to stuff like that, but am i right in thinking this would equal higher averages?

Caporegime
Great reading in here. Read and watched a couple of reviews and not impressed at all in truth. Price is ok-ish I guess but performance overall and a poor cooler make this a dud release for me. Harlequin accusing anyone who isn't lapping up the 5700/XT a NVidia man and insulting them every way possible has made me proper chuckle and made reading this thread worth it :D

Edit: And just to add, the Gainward cooler on his 1080 isn't a FE cooler at all....

Soldato
Wow the midrange is now very expensive! I think my RX480 was around £230? Nevertheless I'm interested in how the custom cards will perform.
The RX480 4Gb was proudly advertised as the $199 mid range king just before it's launch but over the course of 3 years inflation has meant prices have doubled. :o I don't like it but if AMD can sell cards at there current then it means there correct to do so. Provided Samsung's 7nm EUV process isn't junk Nvidia's new cards will most likely mean the 5700's will get pushed down to the £200 range at which point I'll be buying.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Great reading in here. Read and watched a couple of reviews and not impressed at all in truth. Price is ok-ish I guess but performance overall and a poor cooler make this a dud release for me. Harlequin accusing anyone who isn't lapping up the 5700/XT a NVidia man and insulting them every way possible has made me proper chuckle and made reading this thread worth it :D

Edit: And just to add, the Gainward cooler on his 1080 isn't a FE cooler at all....
Kind of feel the same myself. Considering this is 7nm I wanted to see more or at least a better price. Right now all they are doing is matching or just about beating nvidia in performance per dollar from the techpowerup review I looked at.

If these were $100 cheaper I would be signing their praises. But as it stands it’s a bit meh considering we are in Q3 2019.

Soldato
If anyone get afford £475~£500, there's no reason not to get the 2070S over the 5700XT (unless someone was minority like me that actually use VRR/Freesync over HDMI on a large TV); but for the 2060S I don't see the reasoning of getting it over the 5700XT considering it is decisively slower, unless people absolutely have to get the card right now and cannot stand the blower cooler, and willing to sacrifice performance for better cooling. Also although both cards are supposed to be same price, like most Nvidia releases they probably end-up being £30~£60 higher in price than the price quoted, except the Nvidia FE version sold by Nvidia directly with possibly limited supply.

Soldato
What I don't get is why AMD suprise reviewers two days before release with new drivers :confused:. They would have wrapped up all their videos/text pieces long before. It's not been the first time either and of the people I watched they seemed quite annoyed by this.

Soldato
Interesting enough I actually made a comment on HardwareUnboxed's 5700/5700XT's video yesterday:

"I have a ICY VISION Rev.2 graphic cooler as well as the Corsair HG10 mount bracket for AIO for the 290/290x...wonder if they would be compatiable with the 5700XT or not... Would be interesting to know if any of the existing 3rd party graphic cooler would be compatible, especially for people that cannot wait for AIB partner's customer cooler versions..."

Not saying he as gone and done it as a response to my comment (it might have been his plan to try that in the first place), but just glad that he has gone and done it. Though would love to see he do it on the 5700XT as well, as that card seem to be throttle worse than the 5700 and performance being affected more adversely. Hope he will be doing that next.

Soldato
Btw has anyone made a close observation on Gamers Nexus 0.1% an 1% Low FPS?
On some games like F1 2018 the difference between 5700XT and 2070S is almost 30FPS in favour to 5700XT!!!!!!
Even heavily overclocked 2070S is 20FPS behind on the low end, let alone the 1080Ti.

Some sites are using crap RAM and I think this is causing some of the gaps. We need the peeps on here to get hold of the cards with some decent RAM sticks on a PCI-E 4 3700X setup.

Soldato
What I don't get is why AMD suprise reviewers two days before release with new drivers :confused:. They would have wrapped up all their videos/text pieces long before. It's not been the first time either and of the people I watched they seemed quite annoyed by this.

This seems to happen a lot lately. The Turing launch was the exact same, a new driver was released just after the reviews were finished.

Associate
No I am not ashamed of myself.

I don't think you actually read all the reviews numbers.

Did you read comments from AMD owners in CPU section disappointed at Ryzen 3000 games performance and decided it not worth upgraded for a small performance increase?

Found a thread on AMD reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/caap32/for_everyone_disappointed_in_gaming_performance/

I am not very impressed with 12C/24T 3900X slower than my 6C/12T 8700K in games benchmarks.

Not surprised to see Ryzen 5 3600 CPUs had still not been sold out when it in very tight supply, it been expected to sold out in an hour after sales went live.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...hz-socket-am4-processor-retail-cp-3b9-am.html

Now you finally know why Ryzen 3000 is underwhelming.

You now realised I am not the only person you have heard said that in the world. You just made yourself looked thick as four planks wished you never posted embarrassed response to my post.

You don't have to be ashamed but you should realise you haven't got a clue about what you're talking about.

The jump of the IPC and clockspeeds is the largest in CPUs in over a decade.

Does that translate to huge improvements in FPS in games for anything under the elite GPUs if you already have Ryzen? No but that's a complete different measure.

Back
Top Bottom