• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
This looks like p-states got tuned to be more aggressive, i expect to boost media review scores, but probably bad for real world use as it makes the cpu's less efficient, I noticed my 2600X has way too agressive p-states vs my 8600k probably for the same reason. Simply opening notepad on my 2600X takes it to max boost clocks.

Posted it a few pages back, but it's actually returning the boost behaviour back to what it originally was, the press release BIOSes had issues with correctly boosting the cores: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cacwf9/psa_ryzen_3000_gaming_performance_is_being_gimped/

Associate
I went with 9% as they took 9700k as the base line and the difference between the 3700k and 3800k is 9%.

Either way it's not really a graph to out much stock in too.

Yeah, marketing materials always need a pinch of salt. Either way, >18% extra cash for <10% (probably best case) performance doesn't strike me as a great deal. Have more or less talked myself into getting a 3700x unless audio performance either turns out to be really bad or scales unexpectedly well to 12 cores.

Associate
Looks like 3900x is out of stock now next delivery saying Friday. Hopefully we wont be waiting until Friday for 37/3800x because i guess that means earliest delivery would be Next Monday
I hope not, though no-one seems to be willing to talk about stock of the 3700x or 3800x Ryzen's. Gibbo has spoken about the 3900x stock, but nothing else AFAIK.

Associate
I would imagine OCUK will have the stock in today for 3700x. I just got a picking confirmation from another shop, due for delivery to me tomorrow. They previously wouldn't give me any information on when they were going to have stock.

Associate
Wonder if i'll get my 570 aorus elite this week, they've sold out now but I bought in when there was still stock. The cpu is shipped but other parts still pending.

Associate
Just got my shipping email for the 3900X so I guess I managed to grab it in time. I know I won't use all the cores but payday was last week and I couldn't help myself...
mine says "Order received - not yet shipped" i placed the order at 12:41 when it was 10+ stock i hope i dont get done over if you have you're shipping already

Back
Top Bottom