Best X570 Motherboards

Associate
I highly doubt you will get the taichi at the wrong listed price. Normally it is listed in the terms and conditions about the right to cancel orders due to pricing errors. I was so sure that i didn't even see the point in ordering the taichi, so if im wrong i will be a little upset lol

Associate
I highly doubt you will get the taichi at the wrong listed price. Normally it is listed in the terms and conditions about the right to cancel orders due to pricing errors. I was so sure that i didn't even see the point in ordering the taichi, so if im wrong i will be a little upset lol

What's consumer law like with regards to payment already having been taken then? That's sailing close to fraud surely?

Associate
I'll update the OP in the next day or two as the reviews filter through. I've still to get my Google fingers tapping.

I see the Aorus Pro WiFi & Asus Impact are unavailable, so now considering whether to go ATX.

Has anyone made a purchase yet? If so what did you buy and for what reason?

I have gone with the Gigabyte aorus pro. Simply because it has everything i need. Previous motherboard from 2013 was a gigabyte and its never missed a beat as well as my 7970 is also gigabyte and not had a issue with that either. Nothing scientific, and obviously not based on reviews... as their are none but im confident it will do what i need!

Associate
What's consumer law like with regards to payment already having been taken then? That's sailing close to fraud surely?

Where i work we have it in the terms and conditions about pricing errors.. Happens all the time due to the nature of the business and huge amount of stock which we never receive price increase excels for, by the time a customer orders a product, we order from supplier to find out the price has gone up 40%. We regularly have to call the customer to let them know and give the option to either cancel or pay the extra if they want to go ahead. Usually though we give a discount of like 20% off the new price as an apology. Not had a issue in 10+ years, but if its against the law then i would be intrigued to find out.

Sui

Sui

Soldato

How is it fraud, or close to fraud?

I reckon they will honour the orders they've taken at the low price as a lot of people probably ordered other parts with it. Also I can't see anything in their T&Cs in regards to price errors.

Associate
How is it fraud, or close to fraud?

I reckon they will honour the orders they've taken at the low price as a lot of people probably ordered other parts with it. Also I can't see anything in their T&Cs in regards to price errors.

Payment taken with no intent to supply a product? It's not as if a refund will be immediate either, so in the meantime you're out of pocket and with nothing to show for it. Pretty dodgy if you ask me!

Soldato
I can understand getting the price itself wrong, but a discount was applied, which had to be deliberate surely?

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough, they charged my account this morning and I received two emails confirming that the order is awaiting picking. :)

I do not believe they will cancel, if they do then tough luck I guess. I'm not paying over £300 anyway, perhaps I'll get the X470 one instead or build my favoured M-ITX builds, trouble is getting hold of a Ghost S1 is super hard.

Associate
Seems I can not order today as nowhere has
Actually has any of the board reviews mentioned he fan noise?

Yes Toms Hardware review of the Taichi states that the fan runs at high speed as default on the tested bios. It can be turned down but this put me off that board as I wanted a semi passive implementation for the chipset cooling.
I have ordered the MSI prestige creation as the review I read states it only spins up under high loads.

Soldato
Seems I can not order today as nowhere has

Yes Toms Hardware review of the Taichi states that the fan runs at high speed as default on the tested bios. It can be turned down but this put me off that board as I wanted a semi passive implementation for the chipset cooling.
I have ordered the MSI prestige creation as the review I read states it only spins up under high loads.

Oh, that sucks.

Soldato
Also I can't see anything in their T&Cs in regards to price errors.

Look for what they say constitutes a contract being formed. Usually it is once the items are dispatched but if it states once payment is taken then you do actually have a leg to stand on.

Soldato
Just pricing up an upgrade and looking online and you can get the Taichi £40 cheaper than OCUK ... that's a hell of a premium.

Note: This isnt the same retailer that screwed up the Taichi pricing before and even then it can also be found for £28 cheaper from another retailer too

Last edited:
Associate
Look for what they say constitutes a contract being formed. Usually it is once the items are dispatched but if it states once payment is taken then you do actually have a leg to stand on.

i got one of those Taichi's ordered and here is 2 sentences both from the competitors T&C's

1. "...This email does not constitute an order until payment has been received."
2. " Payment has been authorised and we accept the contract between us is now unconditional"

so from what i can see according to their own wording that nothing is binding until payment has been authorised and once it has then you have an unconditional legally binding contract.

Pretty sure this means anyone who has had their payment taken and authorised should get the Taichi at the price that was advertised.

Ree

Ree

Associate
got a feeling am not gonna get my motherboard as its been outta stock most of day and still no dispatch. 14:12 my order went in here yesterday cause i couldn't find the listings on the site. think i may as well cancel the order and get from elsewhere.

Soldato
got a feeling am not gonna get my motherboard as its been outta stock most of day and still no dispatch. 14:12 my order went in here yesterday cause i couldn't find the listings on the site. think i may as well cancel the order and get from elsewhere.
Loads of places do not have stock yet.

Back
Top Bottom