New build for £900

Associate
Hi all,

Girlfriend is looking to move into PC gaming and has set aside a budget of £900 for a self-build project.

She only needs the PC, no monitor or peripherals, and doesn't need a copy of Windows so it's parts only!

Please recommend me the best bang for buck and i'll happily pass it on to her :)

Cheers

Soldato
@Lovejoy! does she need WiFi?

If you can wait until July 7th you will have more choice - but whether you'll get more bang for your buck is a different matter as prices may vary as some b450s become harder to get:

GPU comes with 2 free games that you could sell on for ~£50 - and the motherboard will accommodate Zen 2 if she needs an upgrade in the future. Case is place holder - but for approx £50 you have quite a selection to choose from. Memory should hit 3333MHz no problem (MB stock is becoming an issue - may need to phone):

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £906.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)

@lltfdaniel - don't confuse that Asus Strix b450-F with the Strix b450-E - the F isn't great value - the MSI Tomahawk or Carbon are better and cheaper and no ASUS tax. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers guys! Looks like there's a good chance for a nice system out of that cash.

Will the new AMD stuff knock down the cost of the current stuff? Or is it really not that worth waiting?

I wonder whether OCUK will adapt the bundle...;)

KEEP THOSE BUILDS COMIN' pls :)

Soldato
OK, recent update regarding price drops for Zen+ - the 2000 series:

I am sure you'll be interested to hear, that competition at that end of the market is going to get weirder too, since from the info I have been given the 2700X is going to be <£199, the 2700 <£159 and the 2600 <£109, with the 2600x <£129, should see the prices from 1st July or maybe a day or two before apparently.

Reading the above - if accurate (never any guarantees) - after the 1st of July there will be a significant drop in the pricing of the 2600X. Something to consider...

Also, consider that the X3600 will be ~£240 if you wait until the 7th - and will easily drop into the above spec.

Last edited:
Soldato
just the 3600 or the X?
Save the £50 and put it towards a better quality component:

also, with that mobo out of stock, what would people recommend in it's stead? we're definitely at a point where we'll be ordering in a matter of days i think!
The MSI B450s should be coming back in stock soon but probably as a MAX variant so may be at a premium price - so would source the board elsewhere.

ALSO, does the cpu come with a stock cooler? :)
Yes, it does.

Back
Top Bottom