***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
I like to have some purpose when playing a game, i.e ranks, medals etc! Makes it worth sinking hours in for.

The only purpose you need is to work together as a unit as a team.

Last thing I want is a load of people running round like bellends with a knife because of a medal or task or whatever. The game doesn't need any additional purposes tbh.

Soldato
I have some superb news regarding RIP #2 skirmish server.

"OK, we have had members agree to maintain an admin presence during the servers core hours (along with our monitoring from BattleMetrics).

As such, I have requested and received a new license, which has now been applied to the server."

So, skirmish will still be on the server and should be all good as of now. Kudos to RIP for listening to the community.

See you on the battlefield boys :cool:

Epic epic epic epic! :D

Good work on getting the movement to keep it alive going and getting everyone behind the cause mate! Away for work this week but I’ll be on again Friday night :)

Yes.... Or if not some rank medal system.

As @Cobra-UK has said, the aim of the game is working together as a squad to win the match, it isn’t about kills or ranks or unlocks. I got most matches only seeing one or two enemies properly, most of the match is spent supporting team mates and flanking maneuverers etc as I play as medic most of the time. Only have a gun out for 20% of a match at the most.

Soldato
Really loving the game again, but it's really annoying when squads and the team doesn't build enough FOB's in a game. When I see everyone get wiped out and our only choice is main, it just makes me want to change servers.

Soldato
Agree completely. People get lost in their admiration for vehicles and humongous maps. Some of the real core tactics of squad are on the Skirmish layers.

Just by chance you can see the server. Be sure to tick the filter that shows empty servers. (Off peak times)

Associate
Keen to see how these new Ryzen 3000 chips perform in Squad - will be keeping an eye out for benchmarks/ feedback over the next few weeks; I've got an upgrade itch that needs scratching...

Soldato
Keen to see how these new Ryzen 3000 chips perform in Squad - will be keeping an eye out for benchmarks/ feedback over the next few weeks; I've got an upgrade itch that needs scratching...

the rest of my kit (3600 and Vega64) arrive in the next few days. Assuming all boots ok and I don't have licencing issues, i'll be gaming this weekend.

Soldato
If you lot fancy something a but different. We are seeding the Skirmish server atm.

Its more infantry focused with basic vehicles, smaller map layers but without a ******* tank pinning you down.
63a4dd2c4959f7c1764ea958d179c8c3.png

https://gyazo.com/63a4dd2c4959f7c1764ea958d179c8c3

Soldato
Just keep in mind Squad still has some performance issues with some maps. Alpha 15 patch notes do list fixes for performance on the maps I am having issues with but I am yet to try it out.
Alpha 14 they is two maps that are unplayable for me one I forgot the name and the other Skorpo.

I7 8700k @4.7 - 16gb DDR4 3200 with Vega 64 all settings on highest apart from effects on low.

Skorpo just eats system ram Squad was reporting eating 98% lol

Soldato
My build is up and running and i've finally managed to get a few games in last night. Really enjoying it so far.
I need to learn a few of the keyboard buttons for things to get better - and learn the proper radio speak as im useless at calling out enemies.

Back
Top Bottom