• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
if its in stock when you place and order and choose next day delivery as the option then with any other retailer i deal with you should get exactly that. Not a lucky draw to wait and see if you are lucky for the next shipment that comes in at the end of the week.

You still need your payment to go through before as well to have the stock assigned even at other places. For whatever reason that wasn't case here but that really means that you hadn't actually got any of the stock they had because others brought the stock with payment that went through without manual input.

I've had same from other places before.

Soldato
They use micron e dies which are pretty good. A lot of them overclock into the 3600Mhz range with roughly the same cl16 timings, and maybe 3733Mhz as well, though what little comparisons we've seen for memory speeds and timings suggests very little performance difference between 3200 cl14 and 3600 cl16.

With the currently shown differences in performance and the current price difference, Samsung B-die at pretty much literally twice the price of those micron e dies, I have no idea why people are so determined to get Sammy b-die, seems like a waste of money.

got the same kit sitting here waiting on my processor and mobo arriving. it's micron e die i think and supposed to be quite good.

Exactly what I ordered, though 32GB for the same price as B-Die 16GB. A no brainer for these chips!
Thanks all, now to keep pondering the upgrade! these prices are tipping me over the edge.

Will be coming from an i5-2300!

Soldato
I gave store the call they said its in warehouse to be printed. both of my orders from yesterday. I wanted to check if payment went over also so all good .

This video's quite interesting. It seems that the fans on the chipset are completely unnecessary, even when loading it down with as many devices as possible (including a PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD). It consumes under 10W at all times and didn't get hot even with a tiny passive heatsink replacing the fan assembly. I really wonder why they went down the route of active cooling, given how many complaints and concerns I've seen about the fan noise.

Back
Top Bottom