Golf Thread

Caporegime
Need to purchase some balls soon, probably just get some lake ones as they're cheap enough.

Did an 18 hole short course the other day,not bad. It was actually a decent course as well, quite hilly in places so made it interesting

I bought mine from Clubhouse Golf. Large selection, majority of which is currently at reduced prices. They also sell any extra bits you may need for fitting.

Cheers :)

Soldato
That's not a bad price really.

I'll still get some crap ones while I'm learning for the interim
Are you on facebook? If so join the group 'Golf Clubs for sale Wanted UK' i got a bunch of second hand ones in good condition. I normally play with Srixon distance balls and can get them off there cheap. The last few rounds though i've used a titleist tour soft ball which i found. The fact i've not lost it in 3 rounds i will keep using it :) I find a fair few ProV1s on the course suggesting they're not great unless the player is so i've just bagged them for when i'm better.

Anyone used shot scope1 or 2? I used the garmin app on my old garmin watch but i don't get round without the battery dying.

Caporegime
Are you on facebook? If so join the group 'Golf Clubs for sale Wanted UK' i got a bunch of second hand ones in good condition. I normally play with Srixon distance balls and can get them off there cheap. The last few rounds though i've used a titleist tour soft ball which i found. The fact i've not lost it in 3 rounds i will keep using it :) I find a fair few ProV1s on the course suggesting they're not great unless the player is so i've just bagged them for when i'm better.

Anyone used shot scope1 or 2? I used the garmin app on my old garmin watch but i don't get round without the battery dying.

Cool, shall take a gander thank you

Soldato
Off to try a bunch of putters out a week on Tuesday, be good to try the different shapes. I have a weird backed Nike method one and a blade type pin seeker one. The cheap pinseeker is the better shape for me so far.

Caporegime
Played my first round of 9 on a full course Friday Eve, got a title of 49 which isn't bad all things considered, only been swinging a stick this year properly before that it was probably once/twice on a pitch n Putt.

:)

Just need to get a cheap Driver now, I've got a set of woods currently....honestly not bothered on brand, just need something extremely cheap and cheerful

Soldato
Played my first round of 9 on a full course Friday Eve, got a title of 49 which isn't bad all things considered, only been swinging a stick this year properly before that it was probably once/twice on a pitch n Putt.

:)

Just need to get a cheap Driver now, I've got a set of woods currently....honestly not bothered on brand, just need something extremely cheap and cheerful

Getting under 50 in your first 9 is good going, you should be proud of that. There are plenty of people who spend ages trying to shoot under 100 for an 18 hole course, so you're doing well.

Caporegime
Getting under 50 in your first 9 is good going, you should be proud of that. There are plenty of people who spend ages trying to shoot under 100 for an 18 hole course, so you're doing well.

Cheers! Need to work on my driving (don't own a driver yet) as the people o play with are hitting it 200+ every time off the tee, whereas I need probably two swings before I make it down to where they are after the one hit :p

Soldato
With a friend or two, we often get round 18 without even going quickly within 3 hours 30 min. That's even losing a ball or two, having a look in the rough, etc.

@Delvis, stick to not owning a driver. Worst club there is. At least one of us on my last few rounds have ended up raging and refusing to use it on the tee. :D Mate of mine also owns a custom fit M5. He gets it 20 yards+ further when he uses it. But only manages 1/10 decent shots, and has used his old club the past two rounds. Will hit dead centre of the fairway 90% of the time with that.

Caporegime
With a friend or two, we often get round 18 without even going quickly within 3 hours 30 min. That's even losing a ball or two, having a look in the rough, etc.

@Delvis, stick to not owning a driver. Worst club there is. At least one of us on my last few rounds have ended up raging and refusing to use it on the tee. :D Mate of mine also owns a custom fit M5. He gets it 20 yards+ further when he uses it. But only manages 1/10 decent shots, and has used his old club the past two rounds. Will hit dead centre of the fairway 90% of the time with that.

Ah fair game :)

I have an old 1,3 and 5 Wood, they're pretty small which isn't helping. I'll have to get on the range (grass) and keep at it. Doesn't help the way I was hitting (as per videos ive seen) is different to what my friend then showed me, so we'll see.

I kinda agree though I'd rather be consistent with the Woods, but at the same time I think I'd like the driver

Soldato
Every club is different. Being consistent with the driver is certainly not easy, hence my earlier comment about us sticking them away after a few poor shots. It’s the club I struggle the most with since I started at the beginning of the year. One thing I find, is to go through with the swing, concentrate solely on the strike and not on any power. The distance will be disappointing to begin with, but it’s nothing without the accuracy. :)

Caporegime
Every club is different. Being consistent with the driver is certainly not easy, hence my earlier comment about us sticking them away after a few poor shots. It’s the club I struggle the most with since I started at the beginning of the year. One thing I find, is to go through with the swing, concentrate solely on the strike and not on any power. The distance will be disappointing to begin with, but it’s nothing without the accuracy. :)

Aye, thank you :)

Just being told different things for using them compared to what I've seen. Guess I just need to get on a range and try some bits out.

Back
Top Bottom