• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
B450 only supports upto 3200mhz on most models officially.... 3200c14 is great perf wise and now very little difference to 3600....

The B450s I tried some did work 3600 but others not on known 3600 capable cpus... All did 3200

Cool, thank you. I might buy 3600 just to see if I can and can always downclock it with more room to have tighter timings I guess right.

Cheers

Soldato
Pretty insane that nowhere has any stock of the 8 core chips in the UK when there is such high demand. If they turn up to OcUK tomorrow I guess I might still get a chance to play with it on Wednesday if it gets delivered in the morning....otherwise no time until the weekend, sigh.

Soldato
B450 only supports upto 3200mhz on most models officially.... 3200c14 is great perf wise and now very little difference to 3600....

The B450s I tried some did work 3600 but others not on known 3600 capable cpus... All did 3200

I tried retail 3900x today IF only one to one upto 3200mhz on that particular sample..

Looks like my 4000MHz 8Pack RAM is proper overkill then! At least it shouldn't have any issues at 3600MHz and decent timings :)

Associate
Pretty insane that nowhere has any stock of the 8 core chips in the UK when there is such high demand. If they turn up to OcUK tomorrow I guess I might still get a chance to play with it on Wednesday if it gets delivered in the morning....otherwise no time until the weekend, sigh.

Given the amateur fashion in which they are being shipped to retailers, then they've probably all been stolen at this point.

Permabanned
It doesn't work like that, if orders went live at 2pm and they have 100 in stock, if all 100 get sold then someone shouldn't be able to walk in at 3pm and pick one up which has been allocated and paid for.
But if there is 50 people in the store at 2 and there is cpus on the till...

Am not saying ocuk is like this but know a few local shops that sell things before release date/time.

OcUK Staff
Try it.... They are hynix ic so not the best for OC and I did not test that particular kit...

3200 to 3600 not as big a gain as previous gen in any case...

My priority is testing my own stuff and qualifying for systems..

Caporegime
Try it.... They are hynix ic so not the best for OC and I did not test that particular kit...

3200 to 3600 not as big a gain as previous gen in any case...

My priority is testing my own stuff and qualifying for systems..
Thank you, I’ll give it a whirl. If it doesn't work, then I’m happy to settle for 3200. Very likely see no difference in real world use anyway.

OcUK Staff
But if there is 50 people in the store at 2 and there is cpus on the till...

Am not saying ocuk is like this but know a few local shops that sell things before release date/time.
For sure this did not happen with us... We where meant to have ten by Sunday arrive Friday and more today or tomorrow all arrived together on 3900x... Gibbo has already said what's going on with 3700x and 3800x.

I don't have these two sku either so can't advise on testing...

Associate
I got my dispatch
They where carrying on shipping till 7pm tonight with high volumes going out... So don't give up hope yet....often mails are delayed if we have large volumes to ship...

I just got back from the gym and got an email at 6pm that it had been shipped arriving tomorrow, can not wait :)

Associate
Zen 2 is not bandwidth limited so higher speed ram does not do a lot between say 3200-3733. Concentrate more on the timings. 3200C14, 3600C16. Lowering latenecy is probably more beneficial than speed

Back
Top Bottom