Lifetime Warranty! Happy Ending at last :)

Soldato
Bought some ram with `Lifetime Warranty` quite few years back now and 1 stick of the pair (2x4GB)has gone faulty
Thought i would see about getting it replaced under warranty
Realised that as it was so old i probably would not get any of the same speed.
Was expecting to be offered a slower/cheaper set or a refund
AND i get this E-mail
Thanks for getting in touch,

This memory is covered under a lifetime warranty however as it is no longer produced it can not be replaced and we would issue you with a partial refund calculated on how long you have had the item.

I have raised an RMA (Returns Number) for you to get the item(s) back to us for testing, All the details have been sent to your email address, Please check that these are all correct before sending the item(s) back to us. By sending the item(s) back to us you agreeing to our terms and conditions within the RMA email. If the item(s) are found faulty, then you will be issued with a partial refund of £1.83.This is worked out over a 6 year period and how long you have had the memory for
Granted it is old but this is taking the **** £1.83:mad::mad::mad:

Associate
Wow, that's rough. Which company? So we know to avoid.

I'd have expected a refund of the cost of the actual purchase. I've only ever had any dealings with with Corsair when my RAM developed faults and they were flawless; RAM died first time, and found errors a few months ago the second time. First time was given a full refund as they didn't have that RAM available anymore. Granted they were still RMA based in the US at the time, so things might have changed since then. Recently, was DDR3 RAM and they were able to source me another set of identical RAM (specification wise; 4x8GB) to what I was returning. And when I quieried about the compatibility with the set without errors on (they were seperate matched sets as there was no 8x8GB set back then), I was told that they will sort that out afterwards if needed (I'm guessing swapping that set in as well and getting a new set that matches the new set I was getting). Top notch RMA/Warranty service.

Soldato
not that it'll help you, but some time ago I had G.Skill 2 stick set for notebook with LTW. one of sticks went faulty after about 3 years, confirmed by memtest. I contacted them, they advance shipped new set (not just one, they said it needed to be matched pair) and sent me a return shipping label...
would have no problem buying the brand again...

Associate
Gotta sing the praises of Corsair still though.

My DDR3 was obtained back in 2012. Issue was discovered only a few months ago (so 7 years since obtaining and it was out a year before then, so 8 years old, but I guess they're still producing small quantities or at least was until recently). They made sure they sorted it out and made sure I understood that the Lifetime Warranty continues with the new and old set.

Associate
Didn't see updated post details. So it's TeamGroup that's the company (manufacturer). OK. I mistyped what I was asking about, wasn't asking the retailer (company), but the manufacturer (company). :p

As others have said, give the Manufacturer (Company) a quick message and see what they can do. I didn't come back to Overclockers when my RAM was found with issues, went to Corsair directly. Might get some good news. :)

Soldato
The company still have DDR3 memory in the shop, so they should replace with that if they are serious about lifetime warranty. Imagine a GPU dying while in warranty, and the GPU is EOL. What they do is replace with a different GPU. Imagine being told sorry that particular model is EOL and here's a paltry refund lol.

The thing with TeamGroup RAM is that the lifetime warranty is with the company who sold it to you. Or so they advertise it (see description of item below). So it's on the retailer to deliver on their word.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £53.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Back
Top Bottom