• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700xt Vs Anniversary

Associate
So as the title suggests i am looking to get a 5700xt but want to know your opinions on whether or not you think the anniversary and its circa 70mhz clock increase across the board is worth the premium over the regular 5700xt or what you think this would mean in terms of fps performance as i cannot seem to find any real info on the anniversary edition anywhere.

or can i just OC a regular 5700xt to achieve anniversary performance?

Soldato
Don't buy the anniversary edition. What it means is at most a 4% performance benefit.

Is it a higher binned card? Would it make sense to consider one for someone who's going to be watercooling and overclocking the nuts out of it? I'm interested in some more extreme reviews of it and to see what Navi is capable of with more performance focused drivers. :)

Soldato
Is it a higher binned card? Would it make sense to consider one for someone who's going to be watercooling and overclocking the nuts out of it? I'm interested in some more extreme reviews of it and to see what Navi is capable of with more performance focused drivers. :)

That I can't say. At stock it is only specced 4% higher.

Does that mean any meaningful binning? I doubt it. AIBs will come out with higher overclocks would be my guess.

Soldato
So as the title suggests i am looking to get a 5700xt but want to know your opinions on whether or not you think the anniversary and its circa 70mhz clock increase across the board is worth the premium over the regular 5700xt or what you think this would mean in terms of fps performance as i cannot seem to find any real info on the anniversary edition anywhere.

or can i just OC a regular 5700xt to achieve anniversary performance?

I would let you know when my Anniversary Edition arrives later this week :D

Soldato
You can't say that for sure.
Precedent would make that false.
I can and I will

Critical thinking dictates that based on all available information. However, I will not conspire any conspiracy theories that you are projecting to suggest why it wouldn't be.

I do wonder if I still have to explain what the images actually provide you.

Caporegime
I can and I will

Critical thinking dictates that based on all available information. However, I will not conspire any conspiracy theories about why it wouldn't be.

They didn't speed bin any of the other anniversary products.
Critical thinking is they *should* be speed spinning. But with all the information available we couldn't say they're binning them for certain.

All the images show is they're running a different clock speed lol.
It's like my "limited edition" Vega 64. Apart from a fancy cooler it was nothing "limited".

I don't get what it is that makes people drink the AMD crazy juice.

Soldato
They didn't speed bin any of the other anniversary products.
Critical thinking is they *should* be speed spinning. But with all the information available we couldn't say they're binning them for certain.
But you actually don't know what they are doing. You are interjecting a conspiracy however that doesn't make it fact above what data was presented to us.

Caporegime
But you actually don't know what they are doing. You are interjecting a conspiracy however that doesn't make it fact above what data was presented to us.

I'm not interjecting a conspiracy.
You're making an assumption and asserting it as fact.

The fact remains that all the other anniversary stuff isn't speed binned.
Running a higher clock doesn't mean that they're speed binned.

Soldato
I just don't think binning these would be cost-effective. I really doubt they are. Considering what we know of OC info, my guess is they're simply allowed a bit extra headroom to get that extra boost for marketing.

Caporegime
I just don't think binning these would be cost-effective. I really doubt they are. Considering what we know of OC info, my guess is they're simply allowed a bit extra headroom to get that extra boost for marketing.

And the fact remains that previous AMD products like this weren't speed binned.
Like my "Limited edition" Vega 64.

Soldato
@Poneros.
I agree with @Martini1991 . This Anniversary Edition card, is speed binned, like the initial batch of AIO versions of the Vega 64 were speed binned.
No matter watercooling or AIO bios flashing, an AIO Vega 64 was always faster showing better overclocks clocks and performance.

And I will give you an example.
My watercooled Vega 64 has probably the best benchmark numbers in here (eg FS Standard), however is losing by 1100 points on FS standard, from watercooled AIO Vega 64 on the global rankings. (if I had better CPU could have possibly be in the top 5 worldwide).

In addition is all down to the batch also. no other bios worked on my V64 (eg AIO) except the one that came with the card, which was manufactured October 2017. (neither soft tables work with my V64)
Initial cards manufactured in August (most review models) and September, had no issue interchange bios with AIO, or operate with soft tables.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom