• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 2060 SUPER & 2070 SUPER AVAILABLE TOMORROW AT 14:00 !!!!

Caporegime
If I do get the 5700XT then I'm hoping they fit those too for down the road :)

I'm pretty sure it'll fit.
I've viewed my morpheus as an investment against poor coolers.

Taken in that context I'm *almost* happy to buy a 5700XT. I just need to see what it can do if someone clocks it to 2.1GHZ stable with consistent clocks.

I will consider my Morphues an absolute waste if I buy a 2070S though.

Permabanned
69% increase from PCI-E 3 to PCI-E 4 according to AMD. :rolleyes:

It's the last 30 seconds of the video.

Not bad but does it matter now? Current cards are not saturating the gen3 slot they say so im presuming this is future stuff. If i was to build now though they are right you would be DUMB not to buy into Gen4 Pci express as the next cards will be gen4 i guess with HDMI 2.1.

As you can see Super is the last cash grab before this as we never got any of this stuff at all.

Soldato
OC'ing results thus far put the 2070S further ahead though.
There's no guarantee with AIB pricing.

I've scoured reviews and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place I think.

At the moment I'm just sticking a morpheus on my Vega 64 though.

You claimed the 2070S was faster but got owned by these results.:p

Do you think the 5700XT cannot be overclocked too? LoL. TPU got 2086MHz out of their 5700XT. That's even faster than the 2070S overclocked which got 1964MHz.

Caporegime
You claimed the 2070S was faster but got owned by these results.:p

Do you think the 5700XT cannot be overclocked too? LoL. TPU got 2086MHz out of their 5700XT. That's even faster than the 2070S overclocked which got 1964MHz.

I'm sorry, I must be misunderstanding.
You're not saying an Nvidia card at 1960MHZ is slower than an AMD card at 2086MHZ just because of the clock speed difference are you?

Or, you're taking X game selection and saying that the 5700XT is better than the 2070 Super because of it.

Jesus no wonder this section is horrendous when bias gets in the way.

Soldato
I'm sorry, I must be misunderstanding.
You're not saying an Nvidia card at 1960MHZ is slower than an AMD card at 2086MHZ just because of the clock speed difference are you?

Or, you're taking X game selection and saying that the 5700XT is better than the 2070 Super because of it.

Jesus no wonder this section is horrendous when bias gets in the way.

You are claiming the 2070S can be overclocked so will be faster but failing to accept that the 5700XT can be overclocked too and even further.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You are claiming the 2070S can be overclocked so wil be faster but failing to accept that the 5700XT can be overclocked too and even further.

I've actually said multiple times I want to see both cards clocked to their maximum and compared.
I have *never* once failed to accept anything about the 5700XT clocking. That's just you interjecting your bias.

Take post 41 on here for example...

There's also a total lack of consistency with the reviews because peoples clocks were all over the place because of the God awful stock cooler.

If people did a "warm bench" they'd get worse results than someone doing a "fresh bench". Which has more validity?

Soldato
The results I posted are a mixed bag from Hexus, not a clear winner, other non-biased reviewers are showing similar results. I am not trying to deceive anybody. The truth is the 5700 XT is as fast as the 2070S for £95 less. I am not looking to buy either though.

Caporegime
The results I posted are a mixed bag from Hexus, not a clear winner, other non-biased reviewers are showing similar results. I am not trying to deceive anybody. The truth is the 5700 XT is as fast as the 2070S for £95 less. I am not looking to buy either though.

It all depends on the games.

Two people could do two reviews and come up with completely separate conclusions.

I honestly could never with any certainty say that a 5700XT offers 2070S performance though lol.
It's more in between a 2070 and 2070S. Which is more than acceptable performance for its price (Caveats included though)

OcUK Staff
OP

AMD are basically back in the game and though the blower cooler is not perfect the 5700XT is a quality cooler being all metal no plastic in sight and it does a good job and at £379.99 it is very hard to deny the value on offer and though 5700 uses the more traditional cooler it also really packs a punch too.

OcUK Staff
OP
They look like good cards but yes still a tad overpriced, AMD got a good card too.

If the Supers are being released it makes me wonder how much better the 3000 series will be?

How are they overpriced when they offer the same performance as their competitor more or less for less money. AMD are doing a great job and as a result we’re now getting 1080Ti performance for sub £500 and if 5700XT overclocked can offer 1080Ti performance at sub £400 that’s a move in the right direction for sure.

Soldato
How are they overpriced when they offer the same performance as their competitor more or less for less money. AMD are doing a great job and as a result we’re now getting 1080Ti performance for sub £500 and if 5700XT overclocked can offer 1080Ti performance at sub £400 that’s a move in the right direction for sure.
I mean the Super cards are a bit overpriced, the AMD ones aren't. Both are good though. Plus since i have a Gsync screen i wouldn't buy an AMD card anyway unless it offered a huge perf increase over Nvidia :p

Soldato
They look like good cards but yes still a tad overpriced, AMD got a good card too.

If the Supers are being released it makes me wonder how much better the 3000 series will be?
Probably quite a bit. 7nm and 2nd gen RT should be good.
IMO a way of looking at the 5700XT is as a 1080 Ti replacement. While it's £95 cheaper than the 2070 S, it lacks the RT feature set which is very nice to have now on a new GPU even if it's atm a bit of an RT taster. It's worth something however.
A forum member was talking about selling a used 1080 Ti for £500. The XT devalues used old gen prices now as you can now get similar performance to the old TI for £375 brand new. However, 2-3 years after release of the 1080 Ti it's debatable whether £375 for 1080 Ti level performance is good value. A year ago 1080 Ti's were £620+ so maybe......
I think it shows that atm AMD seem to be 2.5 to 3 years behind Nvidia in development. While the FPS is challenging some of the 20 series cards, they are however lacking hardware RT acceleration.

Caporegime
I think it shows that atm AMD seem to be 2.5 to 3 years behind Nvidia in development.

Some things yes and some things no imo, they do fantastically well on a vastly smaller budget than nVidia too. Props to them tbf for even 'being' in the game!!! :)

Also the 5700XT makes s/h 1080Ti's around £300 now, which at that they ain't bad at all :cool:

Back
Top Bottom