• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Soldato
True, I incorrectly had the gap bigger in my head. It might be able to close some of those non-Forza results.

5700XT_1.png

Yet all depends the reviewer. And that with the blower heater.

TVUsuDK.jpg

Also here we are talking about 3-4fps here, which on the PCIe 4.0 tests show that can be gained over PCIe 3.0.
In addition Nvidia has mature drivers for the 2070S, as is just a rebadged (and crippled) 2080.

And before you cry about me mentioning PCI4.0 benefits

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32849212/

On DX11 games there is a significant difference of 6fps in many cases. Less than it separates the 2070S from the 5700XT on PCIe 3.0

Soldato
That's what people are considering the FE.
Bit of a skewed opinion albeit.

The FE has a decent cooler that rivals any AIB cooler so the results for that would be comparable to any AIB version. AMD's reference blower cooler on the other hand is not exactly an amazing feat of engineering.

Caporegime
The FE has a decent cooler that rivals any AIB cooler so the results for that would be comparable to any AIB version. AMD's reference blower cooler on the other hand is not exactly an amazing feat of engineering.

You're injecting your own reality though.
An AIB card isn't just its cooler.

And it sounds like you're almost giving Nvidia a hard time because they bothered to not release cards with crap coolers lol.

Soldato

move those goalposts son, get in there...:D

the 5700 has a fancy pants vapor chamber, how dare they...cheaters!

Permabanned
https://youtu.be/IrKUZoEzAfY?t=464

LOL, is this "THE NOISE" they are talking about? Are you kidding me :rolleyes:? I won't hear that in my case.
Talk about drama queens. With the 2070 I actually hear coil whine!!

Under the desk eliminates a lot of it, On the desktop even small tones can be enough. It starts small and gradually would annoy you whats the point being annoyed. Get it under the desk with some 3000rpm industrial Noctua fans.

Soldato
Under the desk eliminates a lot of it, On the desktop even small tones can be enough. It starts small and gradually would annoy you whats the point being annoyed. Get it under the desk with some 3000rpm industrial Noctua fans.
I have mine on the desk and...no. That's not true. What you are hearing are the other case fans...

Soldato
£380 for an almost 2070 Super without RTX is actually pretty damn good (relative to what is happening with gpu prices over the last year or 2).

The 2070 Super isn't even purchasable right now either, so it'll be interesting to see where Nvidia actually place it price wise.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom