• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Soldato
Thanks I never actually saw that thread. That puts it close but honestly £379 sounds a lot easier to sell to someone on a budget than £475 does.

I know you could say then the 2060 Super/5700 would be easier again which is true but hopefully you get what I mean.

2060 super is the same price pretty much as the 5700xt.

Soldato
Yet given how much the ongoing game bundles are going to the MM here, £60 of games won't go over £20.

Also I have already 1 of the 2 vouchers "sold" here in Greece, the next will follow :)
AMD promo £11 on MM

Also why are you saying hundreds when there are less on the PC, much, much less :confused:

Soldato
OP
People are forgetting Nvidia locks the codes to certain RTX graphics cards,so the codes don't sell for as much as people think.Look on the famous auction site the Wolfenstein 2 code as sold for as low as £11 as even the listings state this. I have a GTX1080 so the codes are not of use to me sadly.

The AMD codes for games were locked too,but the games were included with CPUs too,and a large percentage of their GPU line-up from the RX570 4GB upwards,so it covers more systems. However,if you had an Intel and Nvidia system,they were of no use to you either.

Soldato
AMD promo £11 on MM

Also why are you saying hundreds when there are less on the PC, much, much less :confused:

Because there are around 100 games activated on PC Xbox Live on August 1st. :)
Even AMD states that on the small prints on all notifications about the Xbox Live offer.

And I quote from my email from AMD today

Play Gears 5 and Over 100 PC Games*

*Offer available through participating retailers for eligible purchases made July 1, 2019 through March 10, 2020 or when supply of coupon codes is exhausted, whichever occurs first. Void where prohibited. Full offer terms at www.amdrewards.com/terms. Game Pass for PC: Over 100 PC Games available starting August 2019. Gears 5 available fall 2019. Game Pass code must be redeemed by June 30, 2020. Limit one promotional 3-month subscription per Microsoft account over a 12-month period. Requires the Xbox (beta) app and Windows 10 (with updates). Age restrictions and system requirements apply. Game catalog varies over time. Learn more at Xbox.com/gamepass.

There is an announcement by MS also about August, since currently is in Beta stage.

Soldato
People are forgetting Nvidia locks the codes to certain RTX graphics cards,so the codes don't sell for as much as people think.Look on the famous auction site the Wolfenstein 2 code as sold for as low as £11 as even the listings state this. I have a GTX1080 so the codes are not of use to me sadly.

The AMD codes for games were locked too,but the games were included with CPUs too,and a large percentage of their GPU line-up from the RX570 4GB upwards,so it covers more systems. However,if you had an Intel and Nvidia system,they were of no use to you either.
There are ways around this as I bought a Division 2 code from the AMD promo on the MM and I most certainly do have any of that filth in my PC :D

They will probably go for £25-30

----

So no one has one of these cards yet?

Soldato
This thread has descended into something horrible. A shame.

I'm interested to see the Tech Report review once done for game time analysis instead of average numbers.

Soldato
£380 for an almost 2070 Super without RTX is actually pretty damn good (relative to what is happening with gpu prices over the last year or 2).

The 2070 Super isn't even purchasable right now either, so it'll be interesting to see where Nvidia actually place it price wise.
It is a good price after they have reduced it but I think it’s worth making this price comparison with AIB Navi models. Nobody wants to buy the AMD blower card unless they are paying extra ££££’s for water blocks.

Whilst comparing an AIB Navi card to an fe super isn’t necessarily an apples to apples comparison they do represent two cards which people willl actually want to buy. I suspect though prices of both cheaper AIB models will be broadly similar.

Soldato
I too wanted to see more games. No doubt about it. However, something occurred to me. Something that I hadn't thought about before.
Last time ATI released the 5700 series it was a low end tier products.
We know that AMD is release a 5800 series. And it's rumored that the 5900 series is the Navi21.

So, it makes sense that one game was benched because AMD just sandbagged the heck out of us.
We've been comparing a low end 5700 XT to Nvidia's high end, just refresh part. :eek: (Speculating...of course)

Naming is irrelevant and pricing is where it's at. They are clearly mid to high tier cards. That's fine too and AMD/Nvidia trade blows. It depends how you rate their drivers and features really on which to go for.

At moment the 5700XT for me would be right bang for buck for both 1080 144hz & 1440 60hz. After that you should probably jump significantly to 2080 if you want to aim for 1440 144hz or 4k at moment or 1080 with Ray trace (seems pointless on lower models at this time)

Last edited:
Soldato
It is a good price after they have reduced it but I think it’s worth making this price comparison with AIB Navi models. Nobody wants to buy the AMD blower card unless they are paying extra ££££’s for water blocks.

Whilst comparing an AIB Navi card to an fe super isn’t necessarily an apples to apples comparison they do represent two cards which people willl actually want to buy. I suspect though prices of both cheaper AIB models will be broadly similar.

Prices for 2070S vary quite a bit. From £475 for Inno and basic models, to >£500 for the good 3 fan solutions.
5700XT has starting point £380. A sheer £100 less sitting with the cheapest 2060S. almost half the 2060S OCUK has, are expensive at the 5700XT Anniversary Edition (£412) price range. And 2060S is card of far lesser performance.

Soldato
Prices for 2070S vary quite a bit. From £475 for Inno and basic models, to >£500 for the good 3 fan solutions.
5700XT has starting point £380. A sheer £100 less sitting with the cheapest 2060S. almost half the 2060S OCUK has, are expensive at the 5700XT Anniversary Edition (£412) price range. And 2060S is card of far lesser performance.
That may we’ll be true but no one wants a noisy hot blower card so you’ll have to factor in extra for a decent AIB model.

Soldato
That may we’ll be true but no one wants a noisy hot blower card so you’ll have to factor in extra for a decent AIB model.

Yet we have seen on the past that descent AIB models, aren't far from from MSRP of blower. Most times lower due to the scarcity of the blower after the first month.

Back
Top Bottom